Failed attempt to steal my bike

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Constantinos

Reaction score
Hey guys, I woke up the other day to notice that someone broke my ignition switch by putting a screwdriver through it. It was fortunate that except from the locked steering wheel I also had a concealed kill switch installed so the thief could not start the bike.

But my ignition switch is a mess. It now turns with any key or screwdriver on the planet. I need to replace it either with a stock one (with its key) or an aftermarket that will fit in the factory plastic. Any ideas?

my deductbile is cheaper than a new ignition switch, heh.

Lots of insurance companies will cover the cost of items that are less than the deductible, like a windshield in a car or theft protection devices. Did you report the attempted theft and vandalism to police/insurance?

The main thing is you were one smart dude with the kill switch and the the good ole steering lock! Stock or after market switches are readily available when you still have something to plug it in to.

I just bought the complete set including tank and gas cap for $50 off of ebay.

Attachments

• floodcam2-WEB.jpg
    floodcam2-WEB.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 12
Yep, it was a close call indeed...now the bike is locked away in a friend's garage while I source a new switch. I also installed two security cameras (one for my car and one for my bike).

The bike is insured but it covers me against third party damage. Insuring it against theft would cost me $600 per year in my neck of the woods. :ummm: sad but true. As stealing bikes is quite common in Cyprus, insurance costs are sky high.

I also installed an alarm on the bike itself. The bike is parked right below my balcony so if someone messes with it and I hear the alarm, it will be death from above for the poor guy...

Latest posts

Back