fast blinker

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rollin thunder

Reaction score
Hey guys I have put LED blinkers a year ago on my max and now the Left blinker blinks fast .I put a new 25 watt resister on it and it gets very warm and still blinks fast .The right side is ok.Anyone got any ideas to my problem.

I don't know if my issue is something that might be effecting your bike, but. It took me over a month of changing turnsignals out to find the prior owner had hooked mine up incorrectly. My front signal were wired backwards with the main positive to a ground. I ended up finding a melted connector plug and replaced it prior to Thunder this year, then had to pull the instrument panel apart to clean, oh due to it wouldn't stop poping the 10 amp turn fuse.. All of this started because they wired the signals incorrectly the first time. My guess is that you need to just put the diode on the rear signals since that deals with the flasher. But make sure your wires are correct, and the diode/ resister is connected correctly, they are designed to be connected one direction for the path of elec to flow. My signals has the fast flash because they were hooked up incorrectly.

Are you using led on front and back? I had a similar issue that was resovled because one of my reg dual-filament bulbs had a single filament out. If you are led all around then disregard.

I have LED on the back and regular on the front.Crazy thing Today on the way to work it corrected itself and seems to be ok for now.I checked the wirring and it seems ok.Go figure.

I have LED in back and twin filament regular bulbs in front. 2 ballast resistors in parallel on the LED's makes all flash nice and slow.
Steve

Latest posts

Back