Fat Max Bags?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maximum

Reaction score
Help me out, guys. I want to add utility into the mix of fun with my Max. I've been looking at FatMax hard bags. Easy (they say) to put on/take off. Do any of you have experience with them? Does the relocation of the tail lights look dippy when the bags are off the bike? I just sold my V-Star, so the money's not a problem, I just don't want to spend six and a half without a recommendation from someone who isn't selling them, if you know what I mean. Thanks in advance.

I was looking at them as well for a while and the more I looked, the less I liked the setup.

I wish I could see a set in person, would prollie help a lot. Hope someone with good info answers ya soon.

Thanks Calimus. I see them as a necessary evil. I use my bike for everything I can in the warm months, and the fact they are supposed to come off/go on fast is attractive. I'm not going to ride around with them when I don't need them, but I want something to carry stuff when I do. Maybe somebody out there knows.

Help me out, guys. I want to add utility into the mix of fun with my Max. I've been looking at FatMax hard bags. Easy (they say) to put on/take off. Do any of you have experience with them? Does the relocation of the tail lights look dippy when the bags are off the bike? I just sold my V-Star, so the money's not a problem, I just don't want to spend six and a half without a recommendation from someone who isn't selling them, if you know what I mean. Thanks in advance.

I don't have first hand experience with them, but I have heard positive feedback from those that have them. However I'm not crazy with the turnsignal relocation. I'd rater have them built into the bags, but then you wouldn't have any with the bags off. Maybe one of those brakelight with the turn signals built into them would look better?

Attachments

• hardbags_rearview.jpg
    hardbags_rearview.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 12
Ok, Ok,

Tell ya guys what. I only live 2 Hrs from SLC. So since the weather is gettin nicer I should be able to get down to SLC sometime in April.

If you want I'll stop by Fatmax and do a spot for the Product review section.
Video on youtube and lots of photos for the thumbnail option.

Maximum Sorry in advance if April is too late for you but weather here is still hit and miss, I wouldn't want to get stuck in Utah for longer then I have to :worthy:

Well, yea or nay?

Thanks, Buster. And no, April won't be too late. I have a backpack I use right now, and I can haul what I need at this point in it. I'd appreciate any info you could send along in April, Vmaxin. Nice of you to offer.

Back