Finally got my seat done..

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Horrendous

Reaction score
I didn't do the work myself had a shop do it but...
Had them put a really nice quality leather, red stitching to match the red outline on rest of bike and got the word " Invictus " embroidered across the top. The pictures really don't do it justice

seat2.jpg
[/IMG]

seat1.jpg
[/IMG]

seat3.jpg
[/IMG]

And one for flavor...
Video2800016-09.jpg
[/IMG]

dang! i luv it. great idea, the embrodiery. and the red stitching really pulls it into the bike nicely.

It's the little details like that which changes it from a seat to an exstension of your vision of of what a seat should be. Looks great.

Classy seat man! I like it a lot. I had my seat also done at the special shop and I must say that a well designed seat gives totally new look for the bike.

Best part was is the guy did my seat and the seat on my wifes bike for trade.. I let him borrow my 86 max for a while so didn't really cost me anything.

The seat looks good. You should have had them reshape the front while they were at it. We also quit using leather since it doesn't handle weather well and is a very stiff material and doesn't conform as well as vinyl.

I like the embroidery and we've done it a couple of times for customers but it's harder to keep clean. Still, overall it's a fine job,

Sean

Baby Oil on the leather will help it stay nice and soft.....I've used it on all my leather for more than 20 years.... It's so cheap too, I've got no complaints....

The trouble Ive found with leather is that lets say you get caught in the rain, or worse the bike gets caught in the rain while your in the pub, seat gets soaked through then the sun comes out and beats it till it shrinks,splits or just ends up hard. I dont think I would use real leather on a seat. Just MHO and It could be wrong

Been there and done that. And, that's why I don't suggest it.

Sean

Latest posts

Back