First Speeding Ticket on Max....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2 months ago we were stopped (in texas) one Vmax rider got a ticket for 112 in a 65 and it was $300, No one went to jail

I've become much more selective about where & when I decide to crack the throttle. No tickets yet on the Max. Knock, knock.

I was doing roughly twice the speed limit.... which was 65, and it cost me a lot, around $2,800. I was charged with reckless driving, and had to spend about eight hours in jail with some of the finer citizens in Texas..., which is one level less than DUI in Texas. I had to get a lawyer to get the reckless driving reduced to a speeding ticket. Lets just say I will be a little more selective when grabbing a handful of throttle... but will still push the Max here and there.
Back in the day out on a Saturday night we were out on the interstate and I started the ball rolling at about 110 on my GSXR. My buddy with his Shadow was the slomo of the group, but he had the radar detector so I tucked in behind him at roughly 120. As we exited, another of our group on a Saber continued towards downtown chicago and past a cop about to go off duty who clocked him at 113 and radio'd ahead for a helping hand.
Next cop tucked in behind an overpass, waited for the bike to approach and then forced him off the road (and to crash). Afterwards the CPD delivered what is known in these parts as a tune-up. Beat the shite out of our friend. He was in the tank until my friend luckily received his one call and bailed him out.
Those were the "Good Old Days".

After the "tune up" cop number one informed him that he was gonna just ignore him since he was about to go off duty, except other cops were down the road so he had to call it on ahead.

:teeth angry:

Back in the day out on a Saturday night we were out on the interstate and I started the ball rolling at about 110 on my GSXR. My buddy with his Shadow was the slomo of the group, but he had the radar detector so I tucked in behind him at roughly 120. As we exited, another of our group on a Saber continued towards downtown chicago and past a cop about to go off duty who clocked him at 113 and radio'd ahead for a helping hand.
Next cop tucked in behind an overpass, waited for the bike to approach and then forced him off the road (and to crash). Afterwards the CPD delivered what is known in these parts as a tune-up. Beat the shite out of our friend. He was in the tank until my friend luckily received his one call and bailed him out.
Those were the "Good Old Days".

After the "tune up" cop number one informed him that he was gonna just ignore him since he was about to go off duty, except other cops were down the road so he had to call it on ahead.

:teeth angry:

If your buddy had been more on the ball perhaps he could have negotiated a bit more of a beating instead of the tank? After my last ticket I would prefer the beat down!:boxing00:

Oh and by the way, if your caught doing twenty over the speed limit in Texas, you go to jail and they charge you with reckless driving. Just a FYI.

In NY 40 or more over is an instant license suspension, tow the bike, big time fines running close to a grand. If you were going that fast with someone else(even if the other person got away), you can get a street racing charge which is big time bad news. Jailtime, fines to make Bill Gates wince, bye bye license for a long time, ect.

In my experience cops tend to be lazy. Only go for the "easy kills"....i.e a Lexus SUV from New Jersey going like 85 on the highway(I frequently use speeding NJ drivers as "cover"). When riding in a group of 3 or 4 we've blown by cops at 100+ multiple times and not once have they pulled out. If you're going WAY over the limit, they probably figure you're not going to regard their lights and sirens any more than the signs. And if they think a Crown Vic is going to stay in the same zip code as sportbikes, they've been watching too much TV.

I have a Whistler XTR-690 detector in my truck. Not so much for highway, since I rarely exceed 70 in the truck anyway. I get 14mpg at 75 and 17mpg at 65, so slowing down a bit pays off, and my truck wasn't exactly built for speed anyway, so why bother? I use it more for in towns and back road speed traps. Price was reasonable (believe like $150), and it works MUCH better than the old cheapo Cobra one I used to have, which worked more like a ticket detector...I often saw the LEO before the thing alerted.

I used to have a detector on the Honda, but the problem was I could never hear it even a max volume. The Magna was super quiet also, just wind noise. A sudden surprise downpour ended it's life.

If your buddy had been more on the ball perhaps he could have negotiated a bit more of a beating instead of the tank? After my last ticket I would prefer the beat down!:boxing00:
They were not much in for negotiating from what he told me. He's lucky they didn't kill him when they pulled out and forced him to crash. Glad I made that exit a few mile earlier.......YIKES

No tickets in 10 years here, but had a couple of close calls since I bought a Vmax. Where I live, you just never know when or where a cop is going to pop up, so I do a little burst of acceleration here and there and then slow down fast, just enough to get the adrenaline flowing and hopefully not enough to get caught doing it. I drive a tractor-trailer rig for a living and can't be too careful when it comes to moving violations.

I'm almost ashamed to admit it. Helped a buddy put a roof on his house and he let me have his Goldwing for a weekend. Ohio country road, just before midnight, I was heading out of town he was heading in. 62 mph in a 50 zone, big whoop. Ohio State trooper, what a prick nothing better to do. Got two successful "fleeing" occassions though so I'm ahead!
AMF, AMF,AMF !!!

Latest posts

Back