FJ1300 Goods / Bads

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always tell my kids things happen for a reason. Sometimes I find it hard to beleive this myself, 'BUT' look what I found. Going back up Saturday towards San Antonio this time to pick it up. Been wanting to build one just like it. Now I'll have one on hand to copy some ideas.
View attachment 82732
Nicely-done, it reminds me of a Creme-Sicle

1645451830585.png

Lovely condition for an old Goldwing. FJR is a superior bike but that is not the point. Sorry that you were let down so badly, I would have been just as annoyed as you. Easy for me to say from this side of the pond, but it has to be a risk you accept when buying and selling from individuals

I don't think the XS1100 is any more prone to 2nd gear failures than other bikes in general.

In fact, I think more XS1100 folks had first gear failures than second gear failures (including me).

I find all of the various bike forums I have belonged to discuss transmission failures for the respective models. It makes me think most bikes can be abused to cause a transmission failure.
'81 XS11 Special was my first bike... loved it to death until it was stolen in San Diego. First gear didn't last long tho:)

'81 XS11 Special was my first bike... loved it to death until it was stolen in San Diego. First gear didn't last long tho:)

My XS11SF had a bad first gear when I bought it with 15k miles on it. I bought from a rural Ohio farm town where the kids abused it until it was dead. That's only transmission problem I have had with any of my bikes.
IMG_0113 upright.jpg

It's a happier bike now:

IMG_0538.JPG

Back