Flywheel removal

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buster Hymen

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Is there any other way to remove the flywheel other than using a puller with bolts into the threaded holes on the flywheel? There is a broken bolt in one of mine, so i can't use my standard puller.

Is there any other way to remove the flywheel other than using a puller with bolts into the threaded holes on the flywheel? There is a broken bolt in one of mine, so i can't use my standard puller.

Other option is to use a puller with fingers on it and put it behind the flywheel and use heat and it will pop Its not recommended due to it can warp your flywheel
But you can always get another fly wheel
I had the same problem with one of my motors and thats how I removed the flywheel
You will have a enough room to get the 2 claws in behind the flywheel
As I said you will either want to get the flywheel checked balanced or replace it after you perform this procedure

you don't drill with the high speed on any metal that is hard. The harder the metal the slower the speed.

You really need to get the bolt out but you can do as Lankee said. You might be able to drill out one of the starter clutch bolts and use that as your pulling hole too.

Sean

Buster

You can borrow my 12 ton 3 jaw puller. Guaranteed to get it off. i screwed around with the bolt method before I got the puller.

Other option is to use a puller with fingers on it and put it behind the flywheel and use heat and it will pop Its not recommended due to it can warp your flywheel
But you can always get another fly wheel
I had the same problem with one of my motors and thats how I removed the flywheel
You will have a enough room to get the 2 claws in behind the flywheel
As I said you will either want to get the flywheel checked balanced or replace it after you perform this procedure

OK thanks, I'll try that. Tis is the one I "don't need", so I just want it off so I can finish my bike! :bang head:

Buster

You can borrow my 12 ton 3 jaw puller. Guaranteed to get it off. i screwed around with the bolt method before I got the puller.

Hey thanks for the offer, I appreciate it. Are you located in Ontario?

Latest posts

Back