Fork Seal

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwood

Reaction score
I just had my bike lowered 2 inches in the front with progressive springs with no air pressure, last night on the way home while running 75 mph on the expressway I noticed a slight vibration in the front end and looked down to see fork oil leaking out of the left fork, when I press the handle bars down to compress the forks I hear a clicking noise as if the spring is clanking in the fork, Question is, is this safe to ride till fixed in the next few days?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

It was done at the shop about 30 days by a motorcycle mechanic using the progressive front spring kit..I think it just blew a fork seal, we were riding on some rough Cincinnati roads full of POT HOLES!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

the fork seals have to come out to lower the bike, did he re-use the old ones? in which case i'd say thats probably your culpri. try cleaning them with a fork mate or some 35mm film or similar to see if its just some crap in there?

Actually, you can install the lowering kit without taking out the seals. Most generally get new seals just so you don't have this sort of aggravation.

Latest posts

Back