forks

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djvmax07

Reaction score
I bought a 2007 max and noticed forks are not even with the top triple tree. should the fork be even with the top triple tree? looks like someone was trying to lower the bike maybe will this hurt anything? the forks are sticking up past the top of the tree about 1 inch...

I bought a 2007 max and noticed forks are not even with the top triple tree. should the fork be even with the top triple tree? looks like someone was trying to lower the bike maybe will this hurt anything? the forks are sticking up past the top of the tree about 1 inch...
It wont hurt a thing . A lot of people do that to lower the bike. If you don't like it you can just raise it back up even.

Pushing the forks up the triple tree is a quick and easy way to lower the front end and make the steering quicker. That being said, I've heard that you don't wanna go past an inch, and most people that do it, will go 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch. I had mine at 3/4 of an inch until I put on progressive springs that were lowered internally 1 inch.

I lowered mine by 20mm, but when I changed to radial tyres, it lowered the front by another 20mm. Now it's abit nervous over 180

Hi Soundguy:

Are you referring to 180 mph on your gen 1? If that's so, I have one question for you: How the heck are you gettin' her to go that fast?

Elimx

Hi Soundguy:

Are you referring to 180 mph on your gen 1? If that's so, I have one question for you: How the heck are you gettin' her to go that fast?

Elimx

I'm curious as well, I've pushed mine to the final speedo numbers and I don't think there was much left in the beast at that point.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

That being said, I've heard that you don't wanna go past an inch, and most people that do it, will go 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch.

What would be the primary reason for not going beyond an inch? Handling, or fender/radiator mating issues?

Where as this week, I am having the fork seals replaced, I figured I could have the shop lower the front this way as well.

What would be the primary reason for not going beyond an inch? Handling, or fender/radiator mating issues?

Where as this week, I am having the fork seals replaced, I figured I could have the shop lower the front this way as well.

From what i was told that if you go more that 1 inch....if you hit the brakes hard the rear of the fender will come in contact with the radiator.

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back