Forum Logo - for all to use.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbarrie

Reaction score
I was wondering how everyone would feel about having a forum logo. Maybe we can get a few members who are willing to devote some time with a graphics program (like photoshop) to submit a logo or two. We can narrow it down to one by doing a poll. It's not a contest for money nor fame ; so don't spend 10 hours working on it if your only going to get bent out of shape if yours doesn't get voted. The idea is to select a logo that is liked by the majority. I personally will have the logo and my username put on a t-shirt for myself - I will wear it daily but especially to all the events that I go to.

It must have the www address at the bottom to premote and attract new members, as well as make this forum a little more united. So what do'ya think ? If noboby offers any graphics....that's ok I can make a few - no problem - I enjoy doing that kind of stuff anyways. I make tke kid's shirts all the time.
If this goes - the logo can be posted for anyone to download, print, use on personal websites as a click link to this one, transfer to iron-on ....ect

Let me know..... then I'll get started.:surf:

As long as I can get a patch to go next to my Kiwibiker one, cool.

Perhaps something with the Vmax engine in it? Like the one here, taken from Musclebike.com.....

MuscleHeadsmall.jpg

not a bad idea at all...but I have no ability to create anything like this

This is something I've wanted to do for a while but I lack the time and good enough Photoshop skills to make it happen. If you want to do it, then by all means, show us your designs!

I now have a vinyl plotter and all the design software but I'm also trying to learn how to use it all right now.I do plan on making stickers,bike graphics,t-shirts etc. after I am a little better with it.
Buster and I have already been talking about doing this for sometime.I would also like to see what everyone can come up with.It does take a special format to cut with the plotter though.

Well, I suck a pshop, but my wife is pretty damn good. I'll put her to task and see what she can do.

I'm glad to see the positive responses. I've got a few ideas already. I like to get started tonight but I know if I do, I won't want to go to work. I will have something (1or2) done by Sunday night to get the ball rolling. Sounds good then. I'm not pro, I just do as a hobby. My brother is really good, but he also happens to be an @hole and he would probably want to charge me.... I think I was adopted !

Last edited:
How about a nice Vmax signature like logo

Robbarrie said:
I'm glad to see the positive responses. I've got a few ideas already. I like to get started tonight but I know if I do, I won't want to go to work. I will have something (1or2) done by Sunday night to get the ball rolling. Sounds good then. I'm not pro, I just do as a hobby. My brother is really good, but he also happens to be an @hole and he would probably want to charge me.... I think I was adopted !

shawn kloker said:
I now have a vinyl plotter and all the design software but I'm also trying to learn how to use it all right now.I do plan on making stickers,bike graphics,t-shirts etc. after I am a little better with it.
Buster and I have already been talking about doing this for sometime.I would also like to see what everyone can come up with.It does take a special format to cut with the plotter though.

Shawn

What format would that be ? Does the software convert files ? I imagine a jpeg, gif, bmp would be ok. Will the sofware allow you to import these types of files ? These are the most popular graphic file formats. I'm not familiar with what a plotter can actually do. Does the viny have a sticky back to it or is it that stuff that will stick to any smooth finish but peel off if you want to move it ?

Firefly, yes an avitar or pic will do - however it must be made in a higher resolution or it will look crappy when you enlarge it to use for anything else.

I've got one done.....as usual I got carried away again. It's my ADD kick'n in. I will post later when I get the other one done.
And yes it's hard to do something other than engine and scoops. Maybe a nice set of boobies, mounted on the false tank.....no no better not.

Ok guys, I don't work well on a dead line. I attached a couple that I kinda went overboard....sorry. I haven't worked with the program in a while. Plus I promised the wife a picture for sisters birthday.

Go ez, it takes a bit to get in the groove, plus I said I would have something - so I thought I'd better. Anyway, the files can be changed in anyway, add,sub,size,color, whatever... I'll keep working on something now that I don't have a deadline.

Later, gotta take off for work.

Attachments

• yamsig1.jpg
    yamsig1.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 13
  • forum1Aa.jpg
    forum1Aa.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 17
Nice work Robbarrie.
An idea I had, was the VMax going down the highway past a speed limit sign and the numbers being peeled off as the Vmax blows by and a flame burning down the lane behind the vmax, like a fire trail.
Wish I had time to do it, but unfortunately I have no photoshop skills. I'm just an idea man.

Robbarrie said:
Ok guys, I don't work well on a dead line. I attached a couple that I kinda went overboard....sorry. I haven't worked with the program in a while. Plus I promised the wife a picture for sisters birthday.

Go ez, it takes a bit to get in the groove, plus I said I would have something - so I thought I'd better. Anyway, the files can be changed in anyway, add,sub,size,color, whatever... I'll keep working on something now that I don't have a deadline.

Later, gotta take off for work.

Wow, that 2nd one is way over the top. It's really good work, I didn't think you were putting that much work into the logo. It looks like a poster! Can you make one that is a bit simpler for the forum. I was thinking of a shot of the motor with VmaxForum.net around it in a circle, like a border around the picture. Maybe a picture like some of the ones attached to this post.

Attachments

• fdvmax2b.jpg
    fdvmax2b.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 3
  • yamaha-132.jpg
    yamaha-132.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 3
  • yamaha-166.jpg
    yamaha-166.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 4
I'm sorry guys...I told ya I get carried away. Thank you for the positive comments though. I will do that for ya Buster. Just gimmie a little time. Cowboy, thanks as well and yes I'll do that too. If not for a logo, just for the fun of it and a little challenge. It is a good idea and I think it would make a great picture. Those pics I made didn't take that long to do actually. The hardest part is finding good quality pics to work with. Some stuff I can do from scratch but you have to remember it is a photo program.

Robbarrie said:
I'm sorry guys...I told ya I get carried away. Thank you for the positive comments though. I will do that for ya Buster. Just gimmie a little time. Cowboy, thanks as well and yes I'll do that too. If not for a logo, just for the fun of it and a little challenge. It is a good idea and I think it would make a great picture. Those pics I made didn't take that long to do actually. The hardest part is finding good quality pics to work with. Some stuff I can do from scratch but you have to remember it is a photo program.
Rob, how goes the logo making... is it done yet...how about now...now?? LOL :shittystick::duck:

I have a few cool ones designed.Buster,please send pm me your e address again and I'll send you them for your input and approval. VMF baby!

Back