frame paint touch ups

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

serrow

Reaction score
Thought I would take a stab at touching up some of the small rust spots showin through on the frame. it's all on the surface, so i have some neutralizer, but what colors are out there that match the frame up nicely? I'm going to assume there have not been too many variations over the years, but i still didnt want to just take a stab in the dark. while i am at it, what about the engine?

Thought I would take a stab at touching up some of the small rust spots showin through on the frame. it's all on the surface, so i have some neutralizer, but what colors are out there that match the frame up nicely? I'm going to assume there have not been too many variations over the years, but i still didnt want to just take a stab in the dark. while i am at it, what about the engine?

Black?? :confused2:

I just use universal black spray cans for cars from Auto-Zone or any other auto parts store.

I think Duplicolor makes them...

I don't know of any brands that are a perfect match. It may be hit and miss to see which one is the best to use. If you do hear of one, let us know.

Stick with DupliColor Premium Acrylic Enamels for the frame ... NOT their lacquer based paints. FWIW...DupliColor Truck & Van paints are lacquer based. Black PN: DA1600, If you are wanting to do larger areas.

Gloss black enamel model paints work well for small chips and areas around the pivot joints that rust, also.

Tip: Let the model or Dupli paint dry for at least 3 days, then use a medium cut rubbing compound, followed by a medium cut polishing compound to feather it all together. Works even better if you color sand with 2000 grit then use the compounds.

http://www.metropartsmarket.com/autopaint/duplicolor-c4s1.html#With

Engine....

DupliColor DE1613 for a glossy engine coat...follow with their clear hi-temp if you feel like it.

http://www.duplicolor.com/products/engine.html

:cheers:

Latest posts

Back