Free powder coating (sort of)...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonerdave

Reaction score
I'll post some pics tonight, but I am starting to get comfortable enough with powder coating to make this offer to forum members. I've done my scoops, fork tubes, calipers, master cylinders, triple trees, turn signal bracket, handlebar clamp, sissy bar, and body panels. Here's how it'll work:

-PM me with your item and what you want done. Include your email address so I can email back directly (PM box fills up quick)
-Send it with enough cash for return shipping and materials (powder will be 5-10 bucks unless u want a color I already have. I have Mirror Black, Textured Black, Xtreme Chrome, and 3 shades of blue).
-I'll coat it and return it to you.
-make a donation to Fargo's charity based on the finished product. Keep in mind a.) that most of the work is in prepping - if u send me something that needs to be stripped and blasted before coating it takes more time and resources than if it is already clean bare metal); and b.) the donation goes straight to Fargo and I'll never know how much - that's up to you. More info HERE
-You must be an active member on the forum with at least 25 posts.

Keep in mind that I am an AMATEUR. If you want professional results, get it done professionally. With that said, a.) PCing is a lot harder to screw up than painting is; and b.) I'm the type of guy that would be more careful with your stuff than with my own.

I'll offer this until: a.) Fargo tells me that he's got enough donations (at which time you can donate to my hobby fund instead :biglaugh:); or b.) I get too busy with other stuff.

Last edited:
my sissybar had been sitting out for 2-3 years in the elements so its in rough shape. i have been grinding it down to metal with a dremel. shouldnt' take too much prep.

right (before), left (after).

i'll let ya know man.

Altho if someone on the forum is interested in a sissybar then maybe i could have you powdercoat it for them (they decide what colour), since i'm looking to probably sell it once done.

Attachments

• 2009-12-20 16.47.00.jpg
    2009-12-20 16.47.00.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 71
Ya those look pretty crusted - hows the dremel going? Bead blasting should work better. Anyway u could post it either here or on Ebay and mention that you'll get it custom coated. Is the pad in good condition? They've been selling pretty high lately (saw one sell for close to $500). Let me know

Some samples:

IMG_8167.jpg

IMG_8170.jpg

IMG_8162.jpg

IMG_7536.jpg

Who is Fargo? and have any pics of the Extreme Chrome?

Is there a brand of powder that you prefer or easier access to? I would like to check out some of the different colors just to get a plan in place. Is the mirror black like the early years gloss black engine paint?

Ya those look pretty crusted - hows the dremel going? Bead blasting should work better. Anyway u could post it either here or on Ebay and mention that you'll get it custom coated. Is the pad in good condition? They've been selling pretty high lately (saw one sell for close to $500). Let me know

dremel isn't bad. the look of the raw metal is actually pretty cool. might not be a bad look just to clear coat it or something. still toying with it.

pad is nowhere to be found but i think i can get an aftermarket one or modify something.

The scoops above are the Xtreme chrome with clearcoat. They are shinier without clearcoat, but also prone to oxidizing, or so I gather:

IMG_8157.jpg

Fargo is RagingMain. His girlfriend's son is deaf and needs some funding to hire an interpreter for a trip to Washington - I added a link to the first post above for more info.

Redbone I've gotten powder from a seller on Ebay "afterhoursmech". Good prices and I've been happy with the quality. His ebay store HERE

Could you two-tone the scoops like the factory????

I was going to try to paint my scoops, but this might be a MUCH better option:clapping:

Latest posts

Back