from jims94vmx to jims2010concours

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jims94vmx

Reaction score
Since the Gen II vmax is way out of the price range right now, I am looking at the Gen III Concours. I have a deal being worked out for 8500 bucks on a 2010 C-14 concours with all the new tech! Heated grips, antilock brakes, traction control etc! Bike has less the 6K on the clock. Nice Blue color and that engine! If it is anything like the zx-14 it will be awesome! Extended warranty till april 2016 as well. Hope to finalize the deal and pic up early next week. Hope you vmax hooligans will still let me play with you! LOL

While I totally loved the 17 years with the max, I really got tired of messing with the carbs, and as it aged anything else. Nothing has the same attitude as the max, but having a fuel gauge and larger tank and silky smooth engine and trans on the c-14 ahhhhh......hope deal works out!

The only other bike that got my attention was the ZRX. I saw someone purchased one recently, nice! If they put the zx engine in the zrx....WOW!
My 1st bike was a 82 GPZ550......so I can really relate to the zrx!

Hate to see a great looking Max go away. I can't blame you though for looking hard at the Kaw. If I didn't have the Blackbird ............ Saw this '09 last week . Low miles and reasonably priced. Yum

Attachments

• Kawasaki '09 Concours 1400 B  5.jpg
    Kawasaki '09 Concours 1400 B 5.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 41
lol I have my name in for a 2010 Concourse being raffled off by the Oakland ME fire department.
If I were to win this, I don't know whether to sell the Vmax, the Concourse, or the truck!

You'll love the Concours, I had an '04 before I got hit by a minivan. Super smooth, comfortable quick ride with a ton of storage space standard for cruising/touring. Fuel gauge is a huge plus and the range is excellent even if you ride it hard all the time.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

That is one serious sport touring bike. If I was looking for TGIF style bike, I would tha Concour in my garage.

Hope it works out for you.

Mike

My buddy just picked up a Concours a couple months ago. It's a serious bike that should be on everyone's short list. It'll go fast all day in real comfort and carry a lot of stuff.

Concourse was my preferred go to Tour bike as it is the only bike that had the power I was used to. You will love it. Almost sounded like you were trying to justify leaving the Max.
No worries!

I will always love the max! Just can't pass up the concours. The new 10's on up have been tweeked. Mirrors are up a little higher, heat no longer an issue, heated grips became standard as well as some of the other safety features. Looking forward to it. Should be picking it up Tuesday evening I hope.

Hope everything works out for you as planned. I own both myself, and love the Connie for what it is. Big, Smooth and Fast :) All day comfortable when set up properly too.
Regards,
R

Back