Front Wheel Hop? R1 calipers and EBC HH.?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, those are the things I was talking about. Yes, you can leave them in there and the damper rods will just fit right back into them when you assemble.

I would NOT weld those holes. This is the reason why;
There needs to be holes, or when you hit a bump, you'll experience 'hydraulic lock.' You DON'T want that! It would feel like you hit a curb if you get hydraulic lock. Can be dangerous to say the least.

Those holes do look bigger than stock, but they can't be sealed all the way. You would have to weld, then drill again to stock size.

I would leave them, use a bit thicker oil and deal with the extra 'lack' of compresson damping until you can get the Emulators.
Or, go ahead and weld, but make sure to re-drill to a smaller size than it is now.

Vinnie

Well finally had a chance to get to the front end.
I changed it to the progressive front springs with 2 inch lowering kit.
I also welded up the extra holes on the dampener rod, cut the spacer to the instructions of 7.37 inches. Used full synthetic atf for fluid
No more front end hop, :)
After the first ride i cut the spacer down another 1/4 inch to soften the preload up.
I took a picture of the different spring length and some markings i found on the old straight rate springs
Thxs for all the help and information

Back