fuel leaking

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mlechene

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a 99 vmax and have fuel running out of the brass plugs shown in the pic beside the fuel inlet of each carb any one have any ideas of how to fix this thanks is there anyone that would want to go over these carbs. I want my stock bike back my fuel mileage is in the gutter I live in Central PA

Attachments

• carb.jpg
    carb.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 47
if you can be a lil more specific as to where the fuel is leaking im shure somebody has some ideas for you .

The plugs directly next to the fuel inlet pipes are where the needla and seat are fitted.
If you want to change the needle and seat, you need to drill and tap a hole in the plugs so you can wind them out.
That doesn't help you with the problem though, just tells you what they are.

I think it would be very strange for them to just start leaking all of a sudden. Are you sure it is from the plugs? It might also be from the overflow pipes, which would mean the needle and seat is leaking.

The plugs directly next to the fuel inlet pipes are where the needla and seat are fitted.
If you want to change the needle and seat, you need to drill and tap a hole in the plugs so you can wind them out.
That doesn't help you with the problem though, just tells you what they are.

I think it would be very strange for them to just start leaking all of a sudden. Are you sure it is from the plugs? It might also be from the overflow pipes, which would mean the needle and seat is leaking.

+1

There are a few ppl that can rebuild them for you.
I've heard great things about Dannymax's rebuilding abilities. Just click on his name and send him a message.

thanks for the information yes the fuel is leaking out of the brass plugs I understand the needle seat is on the other side when you turn the key and let the fuel pump run is pushes fuel out of the brass plug I am sure that is where it is coming from I am going ot try so proseal it is used to seal aircraft fuel tanks just did not know if anyone else has had this problem before and what worked for them

You can try lightly tapping them with a hammer and a drift punch to make sure they did not come unseated

I'm puzzled by this....:ummm: Never heard of one of these plugs leaking unless they have been tampered with....all 4 starting to leak at the same time (for no apparent reason) seems highly unlikely.

Think I'd start by installing a fuel pressure gauge....make sure there isn't excessive pressure in the system....before gobbing them all up with sealant.

I'm puzzled by this....:ummm: Never heard of one of these plugs leaking unless they have been tampered with....all 4 starting to leak at the same time (for no apparent reason) seems highly unlikely.

Think I'd start by installing a fuel pressure gauge....make sure there isn't excessive pressure in the system....before gobbing them all up with sealant.

good thinkin Danny..i wonder if the fuel pump could be the culprit:ummm:

Latest posts

Back