gas/fuel/petrol mileage

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Gas Milage

hate to ask this but what is the total size of the vmax gas tank including reserve?

Weird, that tells me that something is up with your fuel pump relay and/or switch. Unless....you have 1/2 gallon float bowls. :)

My low fuel light comes on after about 2.7 gallons.

What I meant to say was after SWITCHING to reserve I've gone as far as 20 miles on what's left. My bike like, pretty much like everyone elses dies in less than a minute when the low fuel light comes on if I don't switch to reserve first.

Ah, my misunderstanding. Mine comes on a little bit earlier than most so I usually get 25-30 miles out of reserve.

One time I switched to reserve and it seemed to go dry in only a few miles.Other times it has done alright.I never trust it now.I decided that if I wanted mileage I could ride a moped.I wanted a bad ass street rod so I can live with filling it all the time.

One time I switched to reserve and it seemed to go dry in only a few miles.Other times it has done alright.I never trust it now.I decided that if I wanted mileage I could ride a moped.I wanted a bad ass street rod so I can live with filling it all the time.

:biglaugh: :eusa_dance: :clapping: :punk: :banana: :rocket bike: :cheers: :coolgleamA:

Last edited by a moderator:
gas mileage

I finally got to go for a good ride yesterday for 200 miles.I was riding 2up and averaged 34MPG.I about shit.I usually got 20MPG around town and on most trips.Rod was riding with me and said it must be more efficiant with the porting and cams.I have bigger main jets and bigger pilot jets in it since redoing the top end.We were hauling ass most of the way too.Passing everybody in the way.COOL!

Re: gas mileage

Shawn, cool!

I rode about the same mileage and got 38-40 mpg.

Mark

Hmmm... I rode about 250Mi this weekend, stock bike, riding 1up and I got about 33. Mostly twisty riding, so with the Max, that's slow around the corners, and crank on it as soon as I'm straight-ish. Also, a few heavy accelleration runs on the interstate entrance ramps... Have to stop part way through third though, otherwise I'm going WAY too fast. Wonder if my crappy mileage has something to do with my riding style:whistlin:... :rocket bike:

Hrm, I know my carbs are out of balance, but I average about 34/38mpg and I thought my bike was getting horrible milage.

I guess I'm on par or slightly above par?

I wouldn't be too worried. When my bike was stock I would get 40-45. With stage 7 and open Boost I get 38-44. Do you use regular gas?

Mark

With UFO's, dynojet 170 mains and Vboost open at all times I'm getting 32-35 cruising at 80mph.

Didn't get much more than 36 bone stock riding it hard though.

Rusty

Just got 34MPG on another tank.I'm running higher octane with the new topend and curve 5 on the dyna.Sure kicks ass from 6k on up.If I could just find time to get to the damn strip.

I get between 90-100 miles before the fuel light comes on. Stock exhaust with 5 holes drilled in each muffler, K&N, and a Factory Pro jet kit with needles much slimmer than stock. I am sure it is running way too rich--gonna switch back to the stock needles which ought to net me another 3-5mpg.

I ran 2 tanks out this week,54 miles on one tank and 52 miles on the second tank.This is flying like a mother f****r the whole time.Tuning the new carbs.

When I had the Cobra slip-on's on my '94 Cal. bike with the Dynojet stage 1 kit that was recommended (BIG mistake) I was getting around 22MPG. Took that crappy power-robbing system off in favor of a drilled stock pair of cans and put back in the stock jetting and NEW undrilled slides and, VIOLA!..30+ MPG and more power again!

Learn from others' mistakes...stay away from Cobra's if you want other than the good looks.:bang head:

Hmm, so the Vmax will run fine on regular? I've been feeding mine premium, just 'cause that's what my sportbikes take and I figured better safe than sorry. But saving a good 20 cents a gallon will add up (eventually) if the bike really is fine on regular.

yes, even my high compression engines like regular. The efficency of the engines to get rid of heat in the combustion chamber is very good.

We did about 150 miles Sunday and most everybody with me (most of them have my jet kit) got 40+ mpg.

Sean

I know the Cobras aren't popular around here but I'm getting low 40's on mine as well. No, I don't ride balls-to-the-wall all the time, but I certainly don't baby it either.

Back