gas/fuel/petrol mileage

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The very first tank of gas through my Max(dealer Provided gas) got 88 miles to the low fuel light. I filled up right away. That tank also had alot of sitting in the garage just listing to it, damn thing just sounds so good even stock. I don't ride it daily and have had family in town so I haven't finished the second tank yet. Although I have just started getting used to the bike and playing with boost(that shit is adictive so I dont think my milage will be any better.

I've got a brand new '07 Max bone stock and I can't get 40 mpg.

The good news is that it really doesn't matter how hard or easy I ride it, I still get about 34 mpg. No matter what I do, how hard I get on it or how soft I cruise, the light comes on between 100 and 110 miles.

The least I ever got was a hell bent for leather trip back to the house (Suwanee) from Hellen, Georgia. The light came on at 95 miles...but I covered that trip in 35 minutes. It's 60 miles up there from here....most of it twisty back roads.

Regards,
Tom

I've got a brand new '07 Max bone stock and I can't get 40 mpg.

The good news is that it really doesn't matter how hard or easy I ride it, I still get about 34 mpg. No matter what I do, how hard I get on it or how soft I cruise, the light comes on between 100 and 110 miles.

The least I ever got was a hell bent for leather trip back to the house (Suwanee) from Hellen, Georgia. The light came on at 95 miles...but I covered that trip in 35 minutes. It's 60 miles up there from here....most of it twisty back roads.

Regards,
Tom

I usually get 33-34 riding the piss out of it, running 80-90 on the freeway, wheelies, redline through first 3 gears the whole mess.

It's has stock airbox and filter, 165 Dynojet mains, .010 shims on the needles and two coils cut out of the slide springs with UFO exhaust.

Two weeks ago I rode up to Livingston at night, dark country roads, no street lights etc. deer all over the place (I hate riding at night, and I won't lie, the Exactrep Cybermax headlight doesn't help, it's maybe as good as stock, could be worse)

Any way, I rode straight there, no stops, at 55-60 mph, gentle takeoffs, like an old man (not one on a Vmax:biglaugh:)

I got a solid 40mpg first time ever

Rusty

Re: my gas milage sucks

can you run the individual K&N air filters on a stock setup?
If so....where should your fuel/air screws be set at?

There is a whole post about ind air filters. I done it 2 months ago. Look under my name and previous threads for INDV Air Filters.

old topic fuel light

sorry i could not find the threat fuel light and milage just wanted to recap... i did say i was getting around 76 80 till light cam on thought it was the weather....... so i tryed a fill up on center stand and got 96 miles with no light...im sure it was coming on soon...took 2.8 gal i was told it probably didnt make much of a difference..im thinking its atleast 10.. 15 more miles a tank full ..must of really filled it to the brim...most use side stand when filling up

another thing if your milage is that bad your down on power not making more

I always seem to get 100 miles out of a tank. The best was 132/ tank, the worst I ever got was in the 80 mile/ tank. But that was only once so I may not have had a full tank to begin with. I really watch my odo closely and when I hit the 90 mile mark I head to the nearest gas pump. I have to ride almost 7 mile to the nearest gas station from my house so I always keep a little fuel around in case I get too low or need some for my 4-wheeler. There are few gas stations where I normally ride so if I see one I will pull in. It gives my ass a break from the stock seat and peace of mind because if I run out I may not have cell service either! Sean is taking care of my seat for me as we speak so I'm really looking forward to a comfortable ride this summer.

I get 90 around town before my light goes on and about 110 if I go highway cruising on the weekends.
I use reg unleaded gas.

92 model, full stage 7 kit, slipons, 90 miles until the push me light comes on, no matter how I ride it. Runs a little rich, but I prefer that over too lean.

Rusty, that Cybermax light sucks without the relay kit. Makes a world of difference. I've had to light the way for another Vmaxer one night on the highway with my stock light and him with the Cybermax. He put in the relays and..voila!..he can see at night.

My '99 with Marks 4-2, 12" cans, Dyna slide springs, drilled slides, needles at 2.5, stock mains (152.5), Dyna 3000 ignition at curve #2, NGK DP8EA9 plugs gapped at .035 gets no worse than 38MPG (that's doing in the vicinity of 90~125MPH constantly) and consistently gets at least 42MPG. I've gone over 170 miles on a tank with gas to spare.

My '99 with Marks 4-2, 12" cans, Dyna slide springs, drilled slides, needles at 2.5, stock mains (152.5), Dyna 3000 ignition at curve #2, NGK DP8EA9 plugs gapped at .035 gets no worse than 38MPG (that's doing in the vicinity of 90~125MPH constantly) and consistently gets at least 42MPG. I've gone over 170 miles on a tank with gas to spare.

your completely full of shit

Best mileage for my 05 (with my header, jet kit, and overdrive but 2 people and luggage) was 44mpg. Average mileage for the bike as was stock was about 38. Before the overdrive I would still get 40+ on more then one occassion. I don't ride the bike easy either.

170 as noted is very improbable as it would have to get 42.5 MPH and use every drop of the 4 gal listed size. It is more likely that the speedo was off a bit - what size front tire was on the bike).

These bikes love to be lean and are very durable when setup that way. The richer bikes actually have more problems with cylinder wash and carbon buildup.

Sean Morley

Ive seen over 40mpg a few times while highway riding, but my average seems to be around 36-ish with normal highway and around town riding. If I get agressive the puppy drinks the fuel.

ran 80 mph for 6 hours ..on highway.....stop for gas at about 120 miles no light on...stock bike

Latest posts

Back