Gas out of the jet needle?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

denhartogsd

Reaction score
Had wet plug, I think I know why. Had air filters off, started bike noticed gas running out of where jet needle seats. What causes that? How do I fix it? Thanks in advance!

Are the carbs in sync? What's your mixture screw set at? Check the float bowl vent and make sure it's not kinked or plugged.

Could be a bad float needle or your float level is to rich.

This happened to me last weekend on cyl #3. I hit all the jets I could see from the top of the carb (air box off) with compressed air & problem solved. Apparently the float was hanging like Mark said. I then put in a new fuel filter - NAPA Gold 3011 - just for good measure. It only takes a speck of dirt on a float needle to make it stick open. BTW, I had to blast the jets while it was running at idle - It wouldn't clean out properly when I did it shut off. Doesn't really make sense, I'm just sayin' what worked for me...

Probably wouldn't hurt to run a quarter can of Sea Foam in the tank. After running my rebuilt carbs for three years, periodically using a little SF about every 4th/ 5th tank, they were clean when I had to get into them this winter.

Back