gas

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine runs the same exact time on 92 pump gas vs 110 octane race gas, I just run the 110 when I'm spraying but the et's and mph are identical with pump gas on motor.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

You get no advantage from "race Gas" unless you have bumped up the compression and/or advanced the timing. You can get a very small boost From running "pure gas" (E0) over blended pump gas (E10-E15). You may have to go to a very slightly smaller main jet to get that "pure Gas" extra power. Most likely not a biggy. If I were running 11.02-11.05, I would try it to see if I could hit the 10s, but not worth the trouble for "just racing"

What everyone said.

There are oxygenated fuels that will make more power in pretty much any engine, but they would require a big jetting change to use, you need to add about 10% more fuel. In a fuel injected bike it's not big deal, because you can just run different map, but with carbs it's a PITA.

Oh....and they're about $25 a gallon. :surprise:

The myth that higher octane makes more power is the opposite. It takes more energy to burn higher octane fuel. So if you run higher octane fuel when you go to thw track and you dont need that high of an octane, then you will lose power not gain it.

Everything said above is spot on. The oxy fuel os great for that last u mph if you want to set the bike up for it. But as said its expensive.

Todd

Ok I few guys that I tun with around here use 50/50 premium and turbo blue so I was just wandering

The myth that higher octane makes more power is the opposite. It takes more energy to burn higher octane fuel. So if you run higher octane fuel when you go to thw track and you dont need that high of an octane, then you will lose power not gain it.

I respectfully disagree, you reach a point of diminishing returns but you'll hardly ever "lose" power. My bike ran fastest with 92 octane pump gas probably because it's cut with some ethanol (an oxidizer) and I've tried 89 octane that's ethanol free, 87 octane out of the pump, 89 octane out of the pump, 92 octane out of the pump, and 110 octane leaded race gas. The 92 was fastest but there wasn't two tenths or 1 mph difference between any of them and to be honest it could have been anything for that small of change. Again, I'm not saying that you'll go faster with higher octane I'm just saying that 9 out of 10 times you won't actually slow down either unless it's such a lopsided deal like running C16 in a 9:1 engine.

Thanks for all the info guys I'll just leave the turbo blue for the cars then lol

I've had alot of people tell me that over the years but never once seen it play out that way at the track. There are certain instances where I agree with you such as the example in my last post but especially on a nitrous engine octane is usually a good thing to help cushion for detonation.

Thanks for all the info guys I'll just leave the turbo blue for the cars then lol

The comments we are making re Octane are all assuming your bike is currently jetted dead on. If you were running just a little rich, the turbo blue mixed in your pump gas MIGHT give you a little more, only because it is in effect leaning out the mixture. I'd still vote for finding some pure gas and running that

http://pure-gas.org/

Back