Gauge cluster question.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ImCannibal

Reaction score
Can anybody tell me how I can completely take it apart so I can get underneath the tach face itself? I attached a picture of how far I've managed to get. If any of you guys know I'd be willing to get a quick and dirty rundown from you over the phone because this one is making my brain itchy.

Attachments

• IMG_20140703_102409.jpg
    IMG_20140703_102409.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 42
I just did this. If the screws holding all the wires in the back are removed you can gently pry it our or it may just fall out. Be sure to note carefully where all the wires were connected.

PM me and I'll give you my phone number if you really need to talk to me. It should be easy though. I had no trouble.

Got it all sorted out. Deleted the incandescent bulbs behind the gauges and added red led strips in their place, it's not nearly as bright (which I prefer) and will be a nice sullen red at night. And took the opportunity to plasti dip the cowl around the gauges black while it was all apart. I think it looks pretty neat.

Back