Gen II 2009 sale

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
A friend of mine just bought a 2009 Generation II w/2K mi. on it for $12,400. I didn't hear it running, he is shipping it to So. America for a customer. It looked very clean, about the only thing I saw was a scrape on the outermost rt. side exhaust canister edge, like someone brushed it against a c.b.s. wall, not deep, not crushed. It made me want to chuck my bike and get one!:biglaugh:

I said it from day one, when I find a used one for 10K or less, I'll get serious about owning one. Not worth any more than that to me, especially now that I've fed my "incredible speed" hunger with a B-King, which will spank a new VMAX in just about every category and cost 1/3 as much. The lowest I've seen around the country for a 2nd gen VMAX is right about 12K, so that was a good deal for sure!

Here are two GenII's pulling hard away from a B-king through 170 mph....
One guy was 240 +

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSqGdaCChy0&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SSajuSwMVE&feature=player_embedded

And I am quicker in the 1/4 by over 3/10 's than the guy in the lead......

And you really think those VMAX's in the videos are "stock", running 240 mph? You're comparing apples and oranges, there are ALOT of B-Kings on You-tube that have had turbos and superchargers and all kinds of goodies added to them, I was making a "stock for stock" comparison, and in that context, it's no contest. With a few mods, you can make EITHER one of these bikes MUCH faster, however, you're starting with a 20K bike and I'm starting with one around 10K, so I figure I've got an extra 10K of money for whatever go-fast goodies I want to add to mine! In the twisties, once again, no comparison. It's all about weight to HP ratio, and once again, B-King wins, hands down. If you drill down to the published specs for each bike, the wet weight of the B-King is 572lbs, while the V-Max is 683 lbs. Assuming the published HP figures are correct, that gives the B-King a HP:Weight ratio of 0.316, and the V-Max a ratio of 0.292. To me, that makes the B-King absolutely faster in a straight-line drag race too, assuming equal riders and track conditions. It's simple physics guys. I rode a stock VMAX last year at the Yamaha dealership in Plano, and was NOT overly impressed with the performance. It did NOT feel faster than my stock B-King (well, not completely stock, but perfomance wise, the only thing corrected is the stock rev-limiter has been disabled). I suggest you guys that like to defend the VMAX, go find a B-King, ride them both, and then come back and report your findings. Better yet, fine some evenly matched stock bikes on line and show me where a new VMAX is beating a B-King in any race, be it roll ons, quarter mile, top speed, whatever . It's just not gonna happen. The 2nd generation VMAX is a great bike, but it's overpriced and there are better alternatives out there for less money, that's a fact. Here are specs that came out immediately after their release, you can't argue with facts guys.

B-King001.jpg

2009_VMAX001.jpg

There is a new Sheriff in town, the ZX14R, and that rips everything up for under $13,500.

O

never said stock, never said 240mph... Funny, one of the guys on the VMax weighs 240+....
But both Maxes, only have exhaust and PCV, and air box mods - Big Air....
yada yada yada, sounds like you are trying to defend your purchase not me.. you started it! HE HE
Sure you can mod anything to run faster, but none of those three bikes where that much different and the B-King got its ass handed to it... Get over it...

Just seems everyone is looking for a fight! Alot of great bikes out there and we love them all. I do have a 09 vmax and love it. It's the fastest bike from 30-130 than anything else bar none! That being said, it won't go 180 mph or handle the curves like a sport bike and weighs too much, but it does have one thing that vmax lovers love. It will smoke the tires at will, no clutch, in 1st, 2nd and will out run anything without nos or turbo. I have raced ALL in vegas from busa's, 14's,gsxr's and last week did have a chance to run the bmw 1000rr. Now let's be honest, I'm running MY race, a roll on from 30-130 mph. I have about 100 ftlbs of at 4k and any other bike (sport) has less than 50 ftlbs. at that speed. So after I jump out 3-5 bikes in 1st, then it's try to catch up for them. Now we all know about 140-160 mph ALL the sport bikes will catch and pass me, but even so, we at talking about a 670 pound crusier! With that being said, all ride safe and enjoy the ride!

vegas tom

p.s. Anyone willing to see that in action, I'm in vegas and always ready!

I said it from day one, when I find a used one for 10K or less, I'll get serious about owning one. Not worth any more than that to me, especially now that I've fed my "incredible speed" hunger with a B-King, which will spank a new VMAX in just about every category and cost 1/3 as much. The lowest I've seen around the country for a 2nd gen VMAX is right about 12K, so that was a good deal for sure!

Have you raced a Gen 2 yet? Or are you just thinking that you'll beat a Gen 2? I have raced a stock B-King stock to stock, before I modded out my Gen 2 and I can tell you he didn't spank me. There are to many varibles for you to back up your statement. IE rider, road conditions. Oh and never under estimate torque.

never said stock, never said 240mph... Funny, one of the guys on the VMax weighs 240+....
But both Maxes, only have exhaust and PCV, and air box mods - Big Air....
yada yada yada, sounds like you are trying to defend your purchase not me.. you started it! HE HE
Sure you can mod anything to run faster, but none of those three bikes where that much different and the B-King got its ass handed to it... Get over it...
One bike, one race, I'm not impressed, like I said, I've ridden both? Have you? Then your opinion is obviously biased, and trust me, if I really WANTED a new VMAX bad enough, I would buy one, I've got the money, but I value my money and don't throw it away, I want bang for the buck! The fact that you can buy BETTER bikes for half their selling price is the issue to me. Read the graphs above and the truth will set you free, son.

You are so right, you know whats best for all... Thank you for correcting me...

just good fun man, don't get so testy..
I'm glad you like your bike, I like mine...

Latest posts

Back