Gettin close..

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srk468

Reaction score
Got the bike mainly all put back together, mostly cosmetic changes this year with new paint (still has to be buffed, that's why no air lid badges and the Yamaha logo is missing on the rear fender but I have everything so after it's buffed it'll be perfect) and a Morley's Muscle makeover on the seat and I polished up some things with the advice I got from You2low and I'm really happy with it... I gotta buff out the luggage rack to make it nice again but I'm not running it for the most part anyway.. I did install a NOS progressive controller which is pretty damn slick!! It has a window switch that I'll set the low side to 5000rpm and the high side at 9800rpm and the nitrous will only work in that range... This way if (or when) I snap a driveshaft again I wont be on the limiter on juice... I'm going to stay with the 60 shot and use it straight off the line so hoping just that will get me into the 10.20's or so...

Attachments

• IMAG0845.jpg
    IMAG0845.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 57
  • IMAG0846.jpg
    IMAG0846.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 58
  • IMAG0848.jpg
    IMAG0848.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 69
  • IMAG0849.jpg
    IMAG0849.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 67
Looks good Scott.:punk: You gonna be ready for when your drag park opens.

Looks good Scott.:punk: You gonna be ready for when your drag park opens.

The bike will be but I won't for awhile yet, hurt my knee this winter and used it as an excuse to get fat again :bang head::bang head::bang head: it'll take a bit to get back down to where I was at weight wise but I'm on the straight and narrow again now and already leaning up nicely

You sir, have excellent taste!! :clapping::clapping::punk: :biglaugh:

Gorgeous bike Danny!! Thanks guys, in 2010 the bike was all stock with a Kerker and with the advice I got here from everyone (Sean and Kyle deserve major props) and a little bit of an idea what I wanted the bike to look like I'm pretty much there.. Did everything myself too

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Lookin good, what's in the background that looks like fun

Thanks, I just posted in Kyle's Oldsmobile thread about it earlier actually.. LOL It's a 68 Cutlass that I did all the chassis work on, Ford 9" rearend with a backbrace and 35 spline axles and a spool with 4.56 gears and aftermarket nodular centersection, 32" ladderbars with coilover shocks, track locator bar, 12 point cage, pinto rack & pinion, 33x18.5" M/T ET Street's on the back, 6" cowl glass hood, glass deck lid and bumpers, and doing lexan in everything except the side windows because I like to still roll those down.. 468 big block Olds with about 13:1 compression, roller cam, and a fogger nitrous system.. One of these days I'll finish the damn thing... LOL The pics are from before I stripped it down for bodywork, it's in primer now...

Attachments

• IM000515.JPG
    IM000515.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IM000507.JPG
    IM000507.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 22
  • Car.jpg
    Car.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 23
We'll have to meet up at Martin for a test day again!!.........Hopefully no rain this time!.............Tom.

We'll have to meet up at Martin for a test day again!!.........Hopefully no rain this time!.............Tom.

You know it Tom :) Thanks for the compliments guys, like I said not even 3 years ago I didn't know shit about bikes LOL

I want your whole dash setup, but I don't think anyone's gotten the Veypor to work with COPs... Sounds great, looks great.

Yes, a good looking car, far from its Lansing MI origins. Does it have a cage yet? Never mind, I missed the 12-point mention. What e.t. & trap speed are you expecting? 10.3 sec/130 mph?

"Beekeeper," I've been to US131-MartinDragway, when I lived in Ross Township MI (Gull Lake) 40+ years ago. Fun times!

I want your whole dash setup, but I don't think anyone's gotten the Veypor to work with COPs... Sounds great, looks great.

Your exactly right on the cops issue, that's why I have the shiftlight with the readout on it there but I'm not a huge fan of that either so probably gonna get a Koso sometime in the future but this works for now :) thanks for the compliments guys

Yes, a good looking car, far from its Lansing MI origins. Does it have a cage yet? Never mind, I missed the 12-point mention. What e.t. & trap speed are you expecting? 10.3 sec/130 mph?

"Beekeeper," I've been to US131-MartinDragway, when I lived in Ross Township MI (Gull Lake) 40+ years ago. Fun times!

When it's good to go that's about what I'm aiming for through the mufflers on the engine... Probably around mid 9's on spray.. If you look in the second pic you can see the cage pretty decent, I did all the chassis work myself...

Latest posts

Back