GM is killing off Pontiac

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting there are so many pontiac fans here.
1978 T/A 6.6
1979 Firebird 400/400 dana 60 4:56
1995 Formula LT1

Served me well enough. Ford? Totally different story....

Yeah, I forgot that model, but that was back in the 80's. I don't really consider a GNX a Buick, lol. That may be the only Buick, ever, I'd want.

Fast car in a straight line and not bad looking but put together/engineered like crap... Like most 70's and 80's American cars.

I like all car makes. Chrysler I like the least though...

I have a '98 Ford F-150 4X4 that I ordered from the factory that has treated me GREAT! Just put new tires on it yesterday.

I don't want to see pontiac go either, but they slit their own throat. I bought my ex-wife a new GTP in 02', and the car has been good other than major electical problems. It is currently on it's third stereo, dash lights work once in awhile, half the stereo light work, and have replaced three power window assemblies.
My gf's car is an 02 Bonneville, also no stereo light, most guages quit working just out of warranty, on it's third fuel pump, and ABS never has been right. The kicker on this car is the power windows, ALL FOUR QUIT WITHIN 60 DAYS OF ONE ANOTHER!!! Relaced them with GM units, and two went bad before the 90 day warranties were out, so replaced them again. The other two went bad in the next four months, just quit trying.
If you google GM electrical probs you will see it wasn't just a pontiac problem, but a GM problem. No recall on massive problems like the quad 4 fiasco, and these two cars mentioned made my mind up on GM awhile back. When these big three decided years ago to sub out years ago, and quit doing things in house to save a buck, they lost quality conrol with it.
On a side note, Dodge did the same thing on their tranny problems, no recall, and I paid $2,000 for their s&it tranny
My next move is to buy an old 4x4 from sothern MO. and restore it, then buy a Tacoma 4x4 for running around.:biglaugh:

When our dollar was worth 1.10 (glorious!) I was in the states - and walked onto a GM lot. The Pontiac G6 GXP was selling for 24 500 dollars. Fully loaded. You got 2k off before negotiations - just for walking on the lot (whatever promotion that was) -
so 22500 BEFORE any negotiations. (don't for get that the dollar was 1.10 - which equals a 10% further reduction)

The same vehicle in Canada was around 44-45k before taxes at the time.

The dealer also told me he'd LOVE to take my money, and all my Canadian friends money - except they would take his dealership licence away.

Look where THAT got them. Gouging Canadians until the greedy end.
progress.gif
http://www.vmaxforum.net/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=79636
________
vaporizer review

Last edited:
Strange, My wife has an 02 Bonneville SSEI. 76,000 miles and only
replaced one pass. window mtor/ reg. ( of course you can't buy the reg.
separatly ) battery and the wheel pos. sensor. Heck I even have the
factory front pads on it. My car is an 1981 T-top TA with a 350,
4spd and 3.42 posi. in it. Didn't mind Olds disappearing but going
to be sad to never see a new firebird.

I don't want to see pontiac go either, but they slit their own throat. I bought my ex-wife a new GTP in 02', and the car has been good other than major electical problems. It is currently on it's third stereo, dash lights work once in awhile, half the stereo light work, and have replaced three power window assemblies.
My gf's car is an 02 Bonneville, also no stereo light, most guages quit working just out of warranty, on it's third fuel pump, and ABS never has been right. The kicker on this car is the power windows, ALL FOUR QUIT WITHIN 60 DAYS OF ONE ANOTHER!!! Relaced them with GM units, and two went bad before the 90 day warranties were out, so replaced them again. The other two went bad in the next four months, just quit trying.
If you google GM electrical probs you will see it wasn't just a pontiac problem, but a GM problem. No recall on massive problems like the quad 4 fiasco, and these two cars mentioned made my mind up on GM awhile back. When these big three decided years ago to sub out years ago, and quit doing things in house to save a buck, they lost quality conrol with it.
On a side note, Dodge did the same thing on their tranny problems, no recall, and I paid $2,000 for their s&it tranny
My next move is to buy an old 4x4 from sothern MO. and restore it, then buy a Tacoma 4x4 for running around.:biglaugh:

Back