Going to pick up 06" in the morning

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, it does not affect power either way. It just pipes the crankcase breather into that charcoal canister, on normal bikes that breather just goes into the airbox.

CA bikes were also set to run leaner. Your bike has different needles, a bigger pilot air jet, and the a/f screws were farther out.

As far as handling, ditch the stock Dunlops and get some Metzeler Marathons. Just that will make a big difference. Frame braces/solid motor mounts will stiffen the frame, Progressive springs in the forks, slide the forks up the trees 3/4". If you really want to get into things you can get radial wheels, braced swingarms, or different forks.

Great, that what I wanted to hear!

As far as tires are concerned I priced some Metzler's out with my local shop today. I think I am going to put some new shoes on her in time for a maiden HWY 1 voyage this weekend with the wifey. (That is if it stops raining anytime soon)

Great, that what I wanted to hear!

As far as tires are concerned I priced some Metzler's out with my local shop today. I think I am going to put some new shoes on her in time for a maiden HWY 1 voyage this weekend with the wifey. (That is if it stops raining anytime soon)

Have a good ride, and if wifey doesnt like the "comfort" give me a call, she'll love a MAXGASSER.

No, it does not affect power either way. It just pipes the crankcase breather into that charcoal canister, on normal bikes that breather just goes into the airbox.

CA bikes were also set to run leaner. Your bike has different needles, a bigger pilot air jet, and the a/f screws were farther out.

As far as handling, ditch the stock Dunlops and get some Metzeler Marathons. Just that will make a big difference. Frame braces/solid motor mounts will stiffen the frame, Progressive springs in the forks, slide the forks up the trees 3/4". If you really want to get into things you can get radial wheels, braced swingarms, or different forks.

.......... and shocks .

Back