Got one.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One thing I hadn't realized. Apparently the Kerker exhaust required the removal of the center stand. I was about to pull it up on the center stand to check the oil level... uhhh no. I'm sure the seller didn't have it because he gave me some other stuff and never mentioned the center stand. Oh well... sure sounds cool!

Nice bike. I've always liked the black on black of the 98. First thing you need to do is get rid of the crappy stock seat. One of Morley's cut downs or Maxgassers custom seats will make it much more enjoyable to ride for more than 50 miles.

The "cammed" idle is from the full time v-boost, it's running too rich that low in the range. But as you've noticed once you pick the revs up it goes like stink.

All the info you could ever want for the bike can be found here. Welcome to the fold.

The "cammed" idle is from the full time v-boost, it's running too rich that low in the range.

Yeah I can smell fuel just a little. Anything to be done about that? I blew by my buddy a little while ago and he said he smelled fuel.

Yeah I can smell fuel just a little. Anything to be done about that? I blew by my buddy a little while ago and he said he smelled fuel.

Boost? It will consume most of the fuel smells :clapping:

I have a smelly exhaust too..
On my 89 as soon as i reduce the turns on the AF it affects the power. Im running small jets and stock needles. I read that the smell could come from high float carb level. You may want to look at the carb section to learn more about it.

If your mileage is fine... Let it be and enjoy the ride :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Back