Gotta Get This!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Seward

Reaction score
As I live and breathe, this is true...
OCC is now offering PET INSURANCE.
Got a doggy or kitty? Paul Sr. will sell you health insurance to make sure your pet stays healthy.

These people have no shame. Anything to make a buck!:confused2:

I saw a commercial that Progressive was offering "pet insurance" a while ago to cover any medical costs if your pet is injured in an accident. :rolleyes:

OCC has really sold out in my view. I can certainly understand them going for a TV show to get their name out, but when the show became a hit they milked it for every cent they could. They have "production" bike now that might as well be a "OCC edition" Harley.

One of my friends up at school lives literally right down the street from their original shop and used to hang out with them on occasion, before they really got popular and the TV show was just starting to air. He said that shortly after the show started airing they all just wanted to be big stars and totally changed attitudes, from the cool biker next door to the star-struck asshole who's too good for to be seen with you.

I went to the new OCC shop/merch warehouse last summer and while I admit it was a neat ride destination, it's obvious the bikes aren't the focus anymore. For every bike on display, there were probably 20 t-shirt racks nearing music concert prices. And there was probably an inch of dust on all the bikes, they obviously hadn't been dusted, let alone polished or waxed in some time. Anything you can think of related to OCC you could buy. Movies, shows, documentaries, any article of clothing, luggage, toys, models, you name it. A small (like 8.5x11) poster of one of their bikes was $10, a real poster-size one was $35. $35 for a friggen poster....you got to be kidding me. I didn't buy a thing, but some of my friends were like teenage girls who just cashed their paycheck at the mall....grabbing everything in sight.

The show was good for the first season, after that it just turned into a soap opera between Sr. and Jr. I swear about 90% of each show is them yelling at each other over some minuscule detail on the bike, with just enough footage of actual bike building tossed in to keep the real gearheads interested.

They are also using the Korean V-twins for power plants, not the SS motors you see in thier other builds on TV.

But to play devils advocate, the Revtech is a great power plant, but the transmission sucks.

Her in Canada you can get an OCC chopper bare bones and I mean bare!!for a measley $40.000 I looked at one.Nice bike but not worth the money for a name brand product,I'd rather buy a Jap bike for a hell of a lot less and at least I can do a few upgrades and not spend the next 5or6 years trying to pay off an over priced paint job!!!!My 0.02cents of course

I used to really enjoy watching the show but then when the boys left or got kicked out the show went to shit same with their builds . It seemed to me Snr got to big for his sons and didnt need them anymore .
I also heard a rumour that the boys were in talks for their own show ... :ummm:

The shows success hinged on the back of the old man's temper. He couldn't put two bolts together but TV made him a star and rich because we all tuned in to watch him have his next hissy fit.

They have taken something as a chopper that has a soul and turned it into silly circus bikes with stupid frilly bits. It's a disgrace to the industry and cheapened the whole chopper concept.
Once the TV deals dry up the popularity will decline and he'll have to resort to making money anyway they can eg. selling pet insurance :icon_rolleyes:

Sr. is suing Jr for 1 million... lol

I haven't watched the show in several years and was surprised to see it's STILL on TV with NEW episodes... LOL

I just hope they saved some money...

It's kind of like the John and Kate plus 8 show... Hope John saved up some money or has a book deal because his payroll just took a nose dive! lol

Chris

The new show SUCKS old man Sr is running the shop building ugly ass bikes,jr oh Fag is designing for Colman ,fucking barbecue grills, and poor Mikey tried to be an Artist and instead had a breakdown (Maybe he should see Dr Drew)and every episode it seems like they want them to get back together but the hold out till the next show. Personally im done watching the show until Sr and Jr face off on U.F.C. JIM 3933

Never did like it them guys are not builders they are assemblers. I dont think one of them could build a motor from ground up if they wanted.

+1 - No talent needed to buy a rolling chassis & throw a parts catalogue at it, just a big wallet...

Back