gsxr wheel conversion cracks

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandy klock

Reaction score
Pulled back wheel off for new tire, found cracks an all three spokes. The wheel was purchased on ebay. It is a suzuki wheel with a vmax center welded into it. I was watching this since a friend of mine had same thing happen last year.

Probably due to molecular changes from the welding process.

Sean

I am going to bet it was purchased from the ebay user eightsenuff or something to that.... He didnt even want a local coming to him physcial to buy one.. His wheels looked like shit IMO offset was horrible..
I could just imagine hauling ass and banging 5th gear and the rear wheel takes a shit from right from under ya.

I am going to bet it was purchased from the ebay user eightsenuff or something to that.... He didnt even want a local coming to him physcial to buy one.. His wheels looked like shit IMO offset was horrible..
I could just imagine hauling ass and banging 5th gear and the rear wheel takes a shit from right from under ya.

I have one of his wheels- solid 18" The hub is off an original V-Max wheel is new, not a rebuild.
There is no offset issue.

Attachments

• 18inch_rear.jpg
    18inch_rear.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 51
yes, they typically do and pretty much ANY aftermarket wheel will make this worse.

Sean

Any aftermarket wheel will have an offset if it is made to fit the stock swingarm - only time it won't have an offset is if it is designed to fit a notched swingarm. Not sure why we need to argue about this everytime somebody posts about an aftermarket rim, etc...

Mike

Back