Handlebar vibrations in Gen II?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't understand how vibranators can be sold for a 2nd Gen VMAX if they are clearly not compatible with the stock bars. I don't get it.

I should receive the Throttlemeister (heavy) set tomorrow. From what I read they should help reduce the vibration. Will post feedback after installed.

Just got the throttlemeister installed. Vibration is reduced but not gone, still have to go for a longer ride to see if it helps with the tingling.

Cheers

Last edited:
I have a problem with my right hand going numb no matter what I ride. Every bike I own has a throttle lock on it. I have tried a few different brands in the past and found the "Vista-cruise" to be the most reliable. It comes in different versions to fit different bikes. I swapped to gel grips and normally run grip puppies over that. I used a piece of wire (coat hanger) to get the positioning correct, then made a custom bracket out of sheet steel. All I usually need is a few seconds to lock the throttle so I can flex my hand and this setup is solid and holds the throttle very well when "set".
20150308_131214_resized_2.jpg

20150308_131328_resized_1.jpg

20150308_131558_resized.jpg

20150308_142841_resized.jpg

20150308_152556_resized.jpg

20150308_144552_resized.jpg

20150417_162417_resized.jpg

20150417_162436_resized.jpg

How hard is it to get the stock grips off? This "throttle by wire" setup doesn't make this task any more difficult, correct? I may try some new grips before I replace the handle bars and try the vibranators on something else. :ummm:

I must have a smooth one. I dont have any probs with vibes but if i sit there with my hands on any bike, any bars, my hands will go numb.....so i got a kaoko throttle lock and problem solved. Ive never had anyone ride mine and feel it had vibes. Its very smooth.

As far as vibrations, I only really feel them at higher RPM.

I'm not kidding when I say you just may want to grab the next gear. I can ride through most twisties around here in 4th gear. There is plenty of TQ to come out of a corner very hard. There really is no need to rev this engine unless you are going WOT on a straight away.

My Max makes 100 lbs of TQ at around 3000 RPM....thats what is unique about the bike and makes it so much fun to ride. You don't need to be at 6 or 7000 RPM to feel the power like you do on most bikes including all of the modern"Super Bikes".

Latest posts

Back