Have you ever done this?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I could find one for 8k I'd likely bite. The lowest I've seen here in canada in 11K for a 2010. I have heard of one for 10K. But really - a house is my next purchase so unless I find a killer deal I won't likely be pulling the trigger. Plus I've barely got to know Veronica (my max)

I havn't done it with motorcycles. ButIi did go to a furniture store for a dryer once and walked out with a 62 inch TV and oak entertainment center for around 3200.00 lol.

Did I ever mention that your bike and my old max were clones: same mini-shield, seat, pipes, case guards, year. Nice to see another '06...one of the few model years that was sooo good they kept it going for 2007!

Blaine

Brand new for $8K and change right now at some of the dealers out there. You can't beat that deal IMO.

Saw a leftover '08 B-King at Suzuki of Newmarket for 10k; that's a good price for Canada. Also, my Bro tells me that some dealerships on the East Coast are taking losses on new ZX-14 (~11,000). They're all great bikes but the 'Busa seems to have established itself whereas the B-King and ZX-14 seem like they're still trying to find a large audience.

Blaine

Yeah, 10k is ok - however, when the guys in the states are nabbing them or 8k new, I get crazy ideas of going cross boarder shopping - even though I like to support local business.

I might look for a used one in the 5-8k range in the next year-ish.

Did I ever mention that your bike and my old max were clones: same mini-shield, seat, pipes, case guards, year. Nice to see another '06...one of the few model years that was sooo good they kept it going for 2007!

Blaine

you did mention it. I asked you once about dyno numbers but you dint respond to me. I love my 06.

you did mention it. I asked you once about dyno numbers but you dint respond to me. I love my 06.

Sorry, Bro. That wasn't very polite of me, but it was unintentional. I ran the bike on the dyno back in 2007 and got 112 running stinky rich! My only consolation was that it one of the better numbers posted by folks in my VMax group that dyno'd at that time. I got the stinky rich problem sorted so the next opportunity at the dyno, the machine craps out!

Blaine

Last edited:
Yeah, 10k is ok - however, when the guys in the states are nabbing them or 8k new, I get crazy ideas of going cross boarder shopping - even though I like to support local business.

I might look for a used one in the 5-8k range in the next year-ish.

It seems to be a great idea for cars...why not bikes! A co-worker crossed the border and bought a sweet BMW M3 for about 8k less than he'd pay in Canada. He also saved about 5k on an older Toyota Supra twin turbo!

Sorry all, I'm kinda going off-topic here.

Blaine

I intended to spend $100 max on a new motor for my minibike. I ended up spending about $600 for a new motor, torque converter, and components for a full electrical system and full motorcycle lighting. Once I got started I kept thinking about how sweet it would be if it had this, then that, then the other thing. I'm finally pretty much done spending money on it, just hammering out the couple "rough edges" it still has when I have time.

I'm sure it can be done, but international vehicle buying has loads of red tape and taxes/fees that have to be sorted out. I've heard from several people it's a huge hassle, but if you're willing to do it can save you thousands.

Back