HD Screaming Eagle to replace Vmax?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At one point I thought I wanted a Hd buell by far the only hardly I would have ever thought of owning .Always wanted the vmax since before I could legally ride one. never found one in the right price range (vmax) that is. Until last year I bought my 1986 Vmax ,I have never owned a bike more interesting and fun to ride , plus the many things u can do to increase hp , torque etc that sets the vmax apart from every other bike , plus the younger generation see it and say what is that bike , and have to go thru the 5 min talk of the history . Needless to say glad I didn't buy the buell, Just my opinion I have friends that love there hardlys from road kings , to sporsters , to vrods and everytime we ride together they ask to ride my max for the rush. And I let them and get stuck on a hardly . to each there own I say:eusa_dance:

Nice Video. im not a hardley hater like most u will find on here. lol. but i hate the Vrod front end. the frame around the neck .. its ugly. but other than that its a neat bike. cept i heard the clutch is suspect under hard hooliganizm. no prob on the vmax. lol. but u can beef that up.
Ive riden the street glide with a modified 110" engine, or 103" cant remember, anyway that thing is a caddy. pull a stump with it. i want a road king with hard bags and im gonna put a dragonfly fairing on it ( and supercharger haha). Itll be a bit more comfortable with wife on the rides. and prices droppin like they are if i wer you id gotto cycletrader.com and do a search for those bikes. i see some are 16,000 on there. im waitin a year or two in case recession hits and the bottom goes out. :surprise:
I bought my Vmax, 94', a couple years back its got alot of mods already on it. radials, full header exhaust, ss lines, etc... its a screamer. Its what i expected when i bought it. gonna try to keep it but if not ill stil buy a cheap Vmax and start to rebuild it as a second bike. ITs a bad ass bike, great hot rod.
Go here for some bad ass custom Vrods ... and even a bad ass custom VMAX .... o my.

http://www.no-limit-custom.com/bikes.htm

good luck with your ride. make em give you a shit load of extras if you are gonna spend that kinda money.
Unfortunatly i think Yamaha is going to lose alot of people due to lack of production.

If I had to buy a Harley I would buy the Street Rod as it sits more like the Vmax and offers better handling too.

That's a lot of dosh for a bike but I guess I have over that in my Vmax now so...:confused2:

Backfire,

Let's put a backspin on this thread. First off, I've owned Harley's for 16 years, so I'm not here to bash them. They are very good bikes in their own right.

For the backspin, you are willing to spend $18-20000 on a used vrod. Have you considered either completely rebuilding , customizing your current bike or buy a near new vmax (I paid $8000 for a 2006 with 1896 miles) and put up to $10000 in mods and customizing. You would have one hell of a nice max done the way you want it.

Good luck on your decision

:cheers: Mike

FWIW the Night Rod Special MSRP's at 16899 give or take a hundy. The other V-Rod's are cheaper.

Some guys like myself can justify the cost of a new bike as it's a main source of transportation in the summer. That would have been my reasoning. I just can't at this point in my life, although I will be buying a new V-Rod or Victory. It's too bad some guys look down on you for doing so.

Backfire,

Let's put a backspin on this thread. First off, I've owned Harley's for 16 years, so I'm not here to bash them. They are very good bikes in their own right.

For the backspin, you are willing to spend $18-20000 on a used vrod. Have you considered either completely rebuilding , customizing your current bike or buy a near new vmax (I paid $8000 for a 2006 with 1896 miles) and put up to $10000 in mods and customizing. You would have one hell of a nice max done the way you want it.

Good luck on your decision

:cheers: Mike
I have indeed thought about that very concept and up until this past week, I was making preparations to do just that- that is modify the heck out of my current VMax to make it what I want. The hardest thing for me to come by these days isn't the money, but just finding the time to get all of the heavy mods I want done...done.

That's how it always is in life I guess~ Either it's having the money and not the time, or having plenty of time and not having the money. I wish I could have both...:confused2:

My business takes up nearly all of my free time as it is, couple that with a new baby girl expected in June and my 2007 Honda Rincon ATV also needs some performance work- and I just don't have the extra time to do anything these days. For me, it's easier to just buy a bike that's nearly done the way I like it right up front, ride it and have fun. Then maybe in a couple of years, I can modify it the way I want when time permits.

Don't get me wrong, *I LOVE* upgrading and/or modifying anything mechanical I own and I usually take something apart within the first week I get it new. However, as I grow older and get busier, I find myself having less time to do what I "want" and now using that time to have to do what I "need".

I'd just like to have a muscle bike in the garage to take out on nice days, play around a little and then put it away until the next time. No mechanical issues / no quirks / no muss / no fuss, just riding a cool bike all Summer long, instead of wrenching on the thing everytime I ride it.

Part of the allure for me is that I've never owned an HD before and I'd like to try it once. Heck, I've only ever ridden two of them in my life and even then, I only rode them about a mile each. I've had a multitude of Jap bikes, Jap ATV's and even two little China 110cc mini choppers- but never a bike like the HD S.E., so I'm thinking I'd like to try it out and if I don't like it, selling it if I need to shouldn't be an issue. :)

I have indeed thought about that very concept and up until this past week, I was making preparations to do just that- that is modify the heck out of my current VMax to make it what I want. The hardest thing for me to come by these days isn't the money, but just finding the time to get all of the heavy mods I want done...done.

That's how it always is in life I guess~ Either it's having the money and not the time, or having plenty of time and not having the money. I wish I could have both...:confused2:

My business takes up nearly all of my free time as it is, couple that with a new baby girl expected in June and my 2007 Honda Rincon ATV also needs some performance work- and I just don't have the extra time to do anything these days. For me, it's easier to just buy a bike that's nearly done the way I like it right up front, ride it and have fun. Then maybe in a couple of years, I can modify it the way I want when time permits.

Don't get me wrong, *I LOVE* upgrading and/or modifying anything mechanical I own and I usually take something apart within the first week I get it new. However, as I grow older and get busier, I find myself having less time to do what I "want" and now using that time to have to do what I "need".

I'd just like to have a muscle bike in the garage to take out on nice days, play around a little and then put it away until the next time. No mechanical issues / no quirks / no muss / no fuss, just riding a cool bike all Summer long, instead of wrenching on the thing everytime I ride it.

Part of the allure for me is that I've never owned an HD before and I'd like to try it once. Heck, I've only ever ridden two of them in my life and even then, I only rode them about a mile each. I've had a multitude of Jap bikes, Jap ATV's and even two little China 110cc mini choppers- but never a bike like the HD S.E., so I'm thinking I'd like to try it out and if I don't like it, selling it if I need to shouldn't be an issue. :)

Sorry Backfire, I didn't know of your current situation. By no means am I trying to tell you not to buy the HD Vrod S.E. - It is the best pick in the Harley lineup as far as having up to date technology and you really can't go wrong with it.

Again good luck on your decision!

Mike

Check out the Victory bikes if you can afford to pay 18G on a used HD, but I've got a great idea that will make everyone happy!!!:punk: You buy the Vrod, and ......Upgrade my Max!!!!!!!:eusa_dance: What do you think???:thumbs up: I be waiting for your awnser. Personally I don't see how you could not agree.:biglaugh:
Seriously though. Think about it?

Anyway. Cool lookin bike. I say keep both. At the very least, sell your max yourself. If thier gonna give you 4G so will another guy on the street. Either way, If it makes you happy do it......... and buy me a new Smith Enterprise Crazyhorse M14 with a match grade medium heavy barrel and Macmillain stock. Because that would make me happy beyond my wildest machine gun sporting motorcycle riding emty shell casings hitting the ground powder burned smoking tires road warrioresque dreams!!!:cheers:

Check out the Victory bikes if you can afford to pay 18G on a used HD, but I've got a great idea that will make everyone happy!!!:punk: You buy the Vrod, and ......Upgrade my Max!!!!!!!:eusa_dance: What do you think???:thumbs up: I be waiting for your awnser. Personally I don't see how you could not agree.:biglaugh:
Seriously though. Think about it?

Anyway. Cool lookin bike. I say keep both. At the very least, sell your max yourself. If thier gonna give you 4G so will another guy on the street. Either way, If it makes you happy do it......... and buy me a new Smith Enterprise Crazyhorse M14 with a match grade medium heavy barrel and Macmillain stock. Because that would make me happy beyond my wildest machine gun sporting motorcycle riding emty shell casings hitting the ground powder burned smoking tires road warrioresque dreams!!!:cheers:
Dang, is that all???? :rofl_200:
Do you take a check????? :whistlin::biglaugh:

I'm having a time convincing my wife that I need another bike, so it's unlikely that I'll keep both. :confused2:

john

Curious as to why the SE model specifically?? you can get an equally used standard model for litterally half the money, $8000 -11,000 with the same miles. You can do a lot of your own upgrades from there. especially at the motor.
Have you driven one? I have, and the feel of the power isnt as impressive a feeling as the vmax. The max has more of a power/torque hit in the mid that is more noticable.

Dang, is that all???? :rofl_200:
Do you take a check????? :whistlin::biglaugh:

I'm having a time convincing my wife that I need another bike, so it's unlikely that I'll keep both. :confused2:

john

Yup, Thats all ($4000+). Those wives just don't understand. It doesn't have to do with being able to ride two at once..........I'm still working on that one. When I get it figured out I will have a new Ducati S2R1000

Curious as to why the SE model specifically?? you can get an equally used standard model for litterally half the money, $8000 -11,000 with the same miles. You can do a lot of your own upgrades from there. especially at the motor.
Have you driven one? I have, and the feel of the power isnt as impressive a feeling as the vmax. The max has more of a power/torque hit in the mid that is more noticable.
I want the S.E. because it has more options than just a more powerful engine and as I said before in my earlier posts, I prefer to buy the best that I can afford to build from there if I want, rather than buying a stripped-out machine that needs *everything* just to bring it up to where the S.E. is stock. I'm at a time in my life where I can afford it and I don't feel like working on the thing all the time, as time is a premium for me- I just want to ride it and have fun! ;)

Well, no S.E. HD for me, damn...... The machine I was seriously looking at apparently was also being looked at seriously by someone else and I missed getting it by a few hours when I went in to the dealership to make the deal.

I guess the other guy really wanted orange instead of yellow, (which this bike was) but he was willing to overlook that since the price was right for him for this bike. I asked the rep I was speaking with to ask the guy if he's be willing to sell it to me for what he paid for it, but he (the other guy) said the only way he'd sell it to me was if I found him the color of bike that he wanted of the same year... Damn fussy if you ask me and I'm not about to be a "search engine" bitch for anyone just because they hold the keys to the bike I want. I came to buy a bike, not pander to someone else....

Anyway, the search is back on I and that S.E. wasn't meant for me I guess- but at least I still have my '95 machine to ride until something comes along. (if it ever does)

Heck, maybe by the time I do find something, Yamaha will have gotten off their duff's and given us the bike we all want, so they may be in the running for purchase after-all. ;)

john

Well, no S.E. HD for me, damn...... The machine I was seriously looking at apparently was also being looked at seriously by someone else and I missed getting it by a few hours when I went in to the dealership to make the deal.

I guess the other guy really wanted orange instead of yellow, (which this bike was) but he was willing to overlook that since the price was right for him for this bike. I asked the rep I was speaking with to ask the guy if he's be willing to sell it to me for what he paid for it, but he (the other guy) said the only way he'd sell it to me was if I found him the color of bike that he wanted of the same year... Damn fussy if you ask me and I'm not about to be a "search engine" bitch for anyone just because they hold the keys to the bike I want. I came to buy a bike, not pander to someone else....

Anyway, the search is back on I and that S.E. wasn't meant for me I guess- but at least I still have my '95 machine to ride until something comes along. (if it ever does)

Heck, maybe by the time I do find something, Yamaha will have gotten off their duff's and given us the bike we all want, so they may be in the running for purchase after-all. ;)

john

Why would someone that JUST bought a bike turn around and sell it for what they paid for it?

Seems to me it would be better to ask the dealer to find you another one just like it.
If they want the sale, they will find it!

Dude,

Did you try e-bay? Thier seems to be several for sale.

i dont like the v rods or the street rods but the 08 night rod spec is sweet. i was going to buy one till i took it for a test ride. thay clame ok dino #s but its still a hd. all hd's are way over priced SLOW p.o.s.

Latest posts

Back