Headlight cut-off switch?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elimax

Reaction score
Hi folks:

I've seen the headlight cut-off switch mentioned in this forum a few times..any of you know a place I can get one for the Max?

Thanks.

Elimax

I got mine from Vmaxbits from England but they have changed and only sell electronic speedos so that is no help to you. It is a nice clean set up and has worked flawlessly. If I find any more info, I'll pass it on.

I used a toggle switch with a waterproof boot to control the headlight.
I originally spliced the switch into the common ground wire for both the high and low beam circuit. This disables both beams when the switch is on, PLUS has the added benefit(?) of providing a warning that the headlight is off, because the high beam indicator stays on. However, the little blue light is hard to see in the daytime.
I now have the switch spliced into the low-beam feed wire, meaning the high beam is still available when the toggle switch is activated. The beam indicator works normally in this configuration.
Cheers, Miles

Thanks, folks.

Question for bbadwheels: Do you use any of the Eastern Beaver products, and, if so, do you have any info as to wiring them into the Max's circuit?

Thanks very much.

Elimax

Back