Help --FIXED! --

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

betts

Reaction score
ok i hope this gives someone a laugh, but can you help me get my seat off!?

i bought an 85 as a project bike and before left the guys shop with the bike in my truck he put the seat back on and closed the portion that gives you access to the gas tank. the lever on the side to release the seat seems to be broken. how the hell can i get it off? do i have to remove tire and fender to get at it from below?

please help as i want to get started on this project.

Re: Help

The levers under the seat flip up the little pad that gives you access to the gas cap. About 2 inches away on each side of the cap is a 10 mm bolt. Take these 2 bolts out. A bit further down is a screw on each side that also holds the seat down. Once these are out the front section of the seat will lift out.
However, if you are saying that you cannot get access into where the gas cap is, then you may have to push down on the pad while moving the levers.

yes that is my problem, i can't get to the gas cap. tried pressing down on the seat. don't want to damage anything as this bike is mint and i wanna keep it that way... sort of...

You said "the lever", there are 2 levers-one on either side of the bike. Did you push both of them forward?

Good call... got this is a PM from Betts

lol that answered my problem. went and took a closer look. one of the little levers was missing. used a terminal screw driver and presto! the seat is off.
now... let the fun begin!

thanks
betts

i like these troubleshooting questions!

Latest posts

Back