Help please!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with the posts above. 1/2 choke, back fire and rough idle all point to plugged circuits or dirty carbs and not a sync issue.

I started the shotgun last night after reading the post. I'm not finished yet, but will post up when I've completed the process. Thanks for the advice!

That after firing and popping happens all of a sudden and only goes away with either the shot gun or if you catch it early with some seafoam. I have it happen at least once a year.

Chris

Just managed to finish the shotgun on the carbs. Let's just say it was long overdue, as in it had never been done. I know this by virtue of the fact that the factory brass plugs were still in place over the idle mixture screws. It took longer than planned to finish due to the fact that I had to let a right side idle mixture screw soak for two days in Penetrol to break it free without completely destroying it. PB Blaster just wouldn't do the trick.
I could tell by the way the first couple cleansings went that I had obstruction issues, so I think you guys were definitely onto the source of my troubles. Thank you for that.

Ran out of time to fire it off tonight (not sure the neighbors would appreciate me testing my bike at 11:00pm), but will post up tomorrow as soon as I turn it over.

Thank you again to everyone whom posted up suggestions and helped me to dislodge my head from my backside in order to get my bike back in business.:clapping:

Back