Help! Stuck UFO end cap.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ptnov

Reaction score
Hi,

I got the UFO megz and when i was repacking the exhausts, one of the end caps got stuck really hard. It's a bit angled.

You guys have any suggestions on how to remove stuck end cap without damaging the finish?

Thanks!

A propane torch to heat it (the case), keep the flame moving, and maybe spray some distilled water on the cap and use a ball pein hammer and/or a bar stock piece to try and center the cap. Since you have a really-big hole down the center, you might try a dent puller and a butterfly nut, or an elongated center hole on a piece of bar stock, where you insert it into the hole, and then let it flop sideways, w/its 'legs' bearing on either side of the inside of the cap, and then using the slap-hammer. You should try to center the cap before using #2 to avoid damage.

Thanks!

Got it out by using a hammer on a flat tool that i put between endcap and exhaust :)

i took the muffler off, and tapped it out from the front with a piece of rod, very easy.

Back