Here is a sweet naked I wish Yamaha would send here!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZRX/V-MAX

Reaction score
I think it's Europe only

YamahaXJR1300y.jpg

It is very stupid to me that they sell different bikes to different countries.What are they the bike nazis?
NO BIKE FOR YOU!

suzuki had a 1400 over seas that they stopped making last year and looked the same

Looks like the 919 Hornet from Honda, and I Like those bikes a lot.

Whoa, I thought I was the only guy on the planet who thought the 919 Honda's were great looking bikes. I was really torn between a 919 and the max.

As far as the different designs for Europe and the US, Face it, if it's not a cruiser, a tourer or a fast as hell sport bike, it doesn't sell here. Too bad as some of the European stuff is really nice.

I gotta say that I find what the europeans do to Vmax's is very strange and not very appealing in my eyes. Different strokes!

Do you guys get the Honda CB 1300/1400?
or the Suzuki ZRX1400?

The Yam XJR is a freaking awesome machine I nearly got one, but prefer having the imense reputation of the Max under me :biglaugh:

Do you guys get the Honda CB 1300/1400?
or the Suzuki ZRX1400?

The Yam XJR is a freaking awesome machine I nearly got one, but prefer having the imense reputation of the Max under me :biglaugh:

nope, nope and nope.

nakeds don't sell here in the states.

ZRX is Kawi lettering, so I'm guessing the Suzuki is something else.

I would LOVE a Kawi ZRX1400, that would be a beast!, but it will never happen, here anyway!

Whoa, I thought I was the only guy on the planet who thought the 919 Honda's were great looking bikes. I was really torn between a 919 and the max.

As far as the different designs for Europe and the US, Face it, if it's not a cruiser, a tourer or a fast as hell sport bike, it doesn't sell here. Too bad as some of the European stuff is really nice.

I gotta say that I find what the europeans do to Vmax's is very strange and not very appealing in my eyes. Different strokes!

Yeah, I'm some what trying to talk my Dad into one. He's leaning on the FZ-6 though, which is also fine with me.

I also agree on the Euro's doing "different" things to the 'Max which isn't my gig, but that's cool.

nope, nope and nope.

I would LOVE a Kawi ZRX1400, that would be a beast!, but it will never happen, here anyway!

The GSX1400, its a smooth looking naked bike. IMO its what the Bking should have been.

Attachments

• GSX1400.jpg
    GSX1400.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 28

you are kidding are'nt you? all the really good aftermarket stuff for the max comes from overseas. some of the products are available here in the u.s.-but that's just in the past 3-4 years. i,ve seen some exhaust setups i wish were available stateside, as well as some pretty interesting mono-shock-single sided swingarm setups. the bodywork that is available over there is phenominal. i've got an mv agusta style rear tail on the bike right now. try to find it here in the u.s.!! seems in the u.k.-bigger is better, theres a guy who makes a swingarm that accepts a 300 tire and he also makes triples which allow the inverted forks to be widened and they run like a 150 on the front. thats the stock size of yor rear wheel!! and yes it would be awesome if they produced the xjr 1300 here-then i could get a deal on a set of those sweet ohlins for my max-i already know they fit but by the time you bid 500-600 on ebay-then find out its another 100 for shipping and theres a fee to convert from u.s. dollars to great british pounds.

later odieoh24

you are kidding are'nt you? all the really good aftermarket stuff for the max comes from overseas. some of the products are available here in the u.s.-but that's just in the past 3-4 years. i,ve seen some exhaust setups i wish were available stateside, as well as some pretty interesting mono-shock-single sided swingarm setups. the bodywork that is available over there is phenominal. i've got an mv agusta style rear tail on the bike right now. try to find it here in the u.s.!! seems in the u.k.-bigger is better, theres a guy who makes a swingarm that accepts a 300 tire and he also makes triples which allow the inverted forks to be widened and they run like a 150 on the front. thats the stock size of yor rear wheel!! and yes it would be awesome if they produced the xjr 1300 here-then i could get a deal on a set of those sweet ohlins for my max-i already know they fit but by the time you bid 500-600 on ebay-then find out its another 100 for shipping and theres a fee to convert from u.s. dollars to great british pounds.

later odieoh24

I guess I'm just a Vmax traditionalist. I like the Max as a muscle bike. While Europe has a lot of good after market stuff and a lot of choices, you lose me with the whole street fighter thing. Good thing since the exchange rate is brutal right now.

I've been trying to find a clear water pump cover all winter. Python is the only US maker that I've found and they've been out of the gloss black forever. I don't like the OTEC stuff, too european (LOL).

BTW, I bought my bike with Ohlin shocks and WRrearsets. I immediately took them off and sold them to finance making the bike "My Own". Different strokes!

Last edited:
nope, nope and nope.

Yeah, sorry... fooked up somewhere...

Here in UK we have all these (various models with varying engine cc size - before anyone points it out)

Yamaha XJR1300
Yamaha-XJR1300SP-1999.jpg

Suzuki GSX1400
GSX1400.jpg

Honda CB1300
CB1300port.jpg

Kawasaki ZRX1200R
146.jpg

I think the best looking and best overall naked bike in the world right now is the FZ-1N that is only available in Europe and Australia. We get the FZ-1OA here, but I really hate the bikini fairing. I find it hard to believe that this bike wouldn't sell in the US. This bike makes me giddy to look at. I have read that people here in the states have performed the conversion to this style but it costs $800 just for the headlight/cowl, and you still have to find a place to mount the mirrors.

We had the ZRX, 919 and the original unfaired Bandit and they removed them all from our shores. All were great bikes, but granted I rarely see any on the road here.

FZ1N_Black.jpg

443_dt_04L.jpg

I'd take any one of the bikes SvenDGAF posted photos of over 95% of the models sold here in the states. Oh, well.

Back