Here's the MCN teaser

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn...that's a *niiiiiiiiice* machine!

I just can't stand this torture... One side of me is trying to listen to the voice of reason and hold off for the first year of the bike to let things settle down a bit, but the other side of me is screaming to run right to the dealer I've had my deposit at to buy that sucker on a whim the very moment the delivery truck arrives!!

I can't take this....!:bang head:

BTW- Thanks for the info! :)

Might not have locked it up. It's just a big file. Save it to your PC and let it download before trying to open it up. It's about 11 MB...

Opens up for me.....but it seems to be missing a page:bang head:...the last one says turn page for technical highlights:eusa_dance:...........

Are you teasing us like Yamaha now????:ummm:.........

Thanks by the way.....

Opens up for me.....but it seems to be missing a page:bang head:...the last one says turn page for technical highlights:eusa_dance:...........

Are you teasing us like Yamaha now????:ummm:.........

Thanks by the way.....

Nah, MCN didn't put the whole article up on the web. They put just the first two pages up...the rest we'll have to buy. FWIW, I went to Barnes and Noble to find it, and they don't apparently carry the mag.

Over 200 smilies and there isn't one drooling. :bang head:

I want one but refuse to go that deep into debt. Maybe in a year or 2 I'll pick up a used one.

Over 200 smilies and there isn't one drooling.

drool.gif

Nah, MCN didn't put the whole article up on the web. They put just the first two pages up...the rest we'll have to buy. FWIW, I went to Barnes and Noble to find it, and they don't apparently carry the mag.

Yeah, I went to three stores at lunch time looking. No luck:bang head:

That is the baddest motorcycle in the history of man. Period. End of discussion. Everything else is a fucking toy. :punk:

Good God Magnum, I think I may have to buy one of those damn things.......:clapping:

Mike

so we may surmise from all this a couple of things...

Id say that there will be power upgrade kits from yamaha to "restore" the detuned power.... i mean that would be because in the space of time between now and actually having the bike for sale, kawa or suz will up grade their missiles to ruin the party. Yamaha could simply say, here is kit A,B C, what power level do you want?

Also i suspect the weight is down...although im dying to confirm, to 500 pounds even....i dont see anything on the bike thats old world heavy...

with the article for cyclworld in the works its clear they already have the bike and are testing it as we speak....they will probably do a retrospective piece...putting in the latest hotshoes hands for a run like peewee did way back when....

Over 200 smilies and there isn't one drooling. :bang head:

I want one but refuse to go that deep into debt. Maybe in a year or 2 I'll pick up a used one.

Sure there is it's right here :drool: , it is below this guy :punk:. You have to click on More to see all the smilies.

I am so going out of my skull ! :pullhair:

SOMEONE GET PAGE 4 DAMMIT! :bang head:

I was looking at the engine pic in the pdf.

Could it be they Fuel Injected this Baby!

And who has a subscription to MCN, they can sign me up as a referral?

Attachments

• 2009VmaxEngine.jpg
    2009VmaxEngine.jpg
    281.3 KB · Views: 23
Sure there is it's right here :drool: , it is below this guy :punk:. You have to click on More to see all the smilies.[/quote ]

OK, I'm a dumbass:bang head:

My opinion of it after reading that article :drool:

In the article it states that it's likely to have the R1's throttle by wire, new VVT and it's detuned damn near 100 horse. That screams fuel injected.

I'm loving what I see so far and I've already warned the wife that I will have this bike providing that I also like it in person. I also informed her that I will not be giving up the FJR when I bring the new max home. I will have the perfect pair in my mind.

The max for when I want to terrorize everything in sight, and the FJR for commuting to work, hitting the twisties hard and long trips. I can see the new max being able to handle the twisties like I did with my old max, but the FJR is still better suited for mountain carving. When I need a serious rush (which will translate to just about every day after work) the max will be willing and able.

Now I just need to start on that Bike Barn I've been meaning to build out back to house my addiction.

Back