Hi

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fozziebeard

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

im looking at a V-Max, got a couple on my list, not going to spend to much as I have plans for it to be a winter project (idle hands and the devil). I ride an XT1200Z Super Tenere at the moment, had GSX-r750 and fire blades before. Hopefully learn a lot from you bunch!

cheers

Hello from IL. : not sure how to start a question, but here it goes. My 2000 Max seems to carburate well at any RPM, however accelerating beyond a certain point ( meaning (say) an 1/8 throttle change )causes it to stumble (sound raspy) for a couple of seconds and return to normal sound at the desired RPM . I think that the response time of the slide causes the a/f ratio to be to "rich" for a second and after the slide raises, the normal a/f ration is back to where it was. I am guessing the delayed response of the slide , acts somewhat like an accelerator pump (that pumps to much fuel for second) during the transition to the higher velocity of the air. The size of the "vacuum" port determines the response time of the slides movement. I was thinking of increasing the size of the port to see what happens. But wanted some feedback before making changes that may be wrong. First question; does the mixture richen at the first throttle change and what approach would be a better approach. The bike has a kerker 4 into 1 header, Morley air box mod and jet kit. The bike gets between 31 and 38 MPG so I assume the jetting is correct otherwise. Any thoughts are helpful. Ryce

Back