high beam flash/pass switch

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevman976

Reaction score
I have just fitted a TRX850 LH switchgear to supercede the original .THE reason to fit it was it has a hi beam flash switch so you can flash oncoming riders of hazards you have passed:whistlin:and for night time cornering .It was almost plug and play except I had to join the black wire to the black/white wire to get the horn to work.and the original flashercan died while Iwas fitting the new switch gear:confused2: so I FITTED AN AFTERMARKET one .To do this I removed the black wire [earth[ the brown wire [ignition] and the brown/white wire from the connector and put some female crimps on the ends and then onto the new flasher can .the brown wire to the X brown/white to the L and the black one to the E.This of course means that you lose the auto shutoff of the indicators if you still have the original speedo.and if you use a 2pin flasher can then you do not need the earth wire.cheers Kevman

My SV1000S came stock with this...

I use it when passing semi's so they see I'm there before passing. Nice option to have in the arsenal.

Let's see some pics of the install:thumbs up:

You can use the start pushbutton to flash the entire headlight on the Vmax and most other bikes I've owned.
The motor is already outrunning the starter clutch so it doesn't hurt it. I've been doing this for years on every bike I've had with no ill effects.

It's a great way to try to keep morons from turning left in front of you when you have they gut feeling they aren't seeing you and are fixing to make a good attempt at killing you.

Rusty

You can use the start pushbutton to flash the entire headlight on the Vmax and most other bikes I've owned.
The motor is already outrunning the starter clutch so it doesn't hurt it. I've been doing this for years on every bike I've had with no ill effects.

It's a great way to try to keep morons from turning left in front of you when you have they gut feeling they aren't seeing you and are fixing to make a good attempt at killing you.

Rusty

Yeah... Not on Suzuki's... Honda's do though.

Back