highway bars

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you mean engine guards? or bars that will prevent you from crashing on a high way :)
if it is engine guards yamaha has them as an accessory.

Bacon_grease said:
Does anyone make highway/crash bars for the V Max?
________
girlfriend pic

Last edited:
firefly said:
or bars that will prevent you from crashing on a high way :)
Your thinking of training wheels lol.

Think he meant highway pgs that double as engine guards so yea the Yamaha ones.

I think the yamaha engine case protectors are a must for every max, people add high way pegs to them, some on this site have done this mod and can give further info on them.
________
homemade vaporizer

Last edited:
Waylander said:
Your thinking of training wheels lol.

Well, I am currently on a Goldwing... *grin*

They do have "landing gear" for those things that come down at low speed. (actually, that's not a bad idea since many older riders don't have the hip/knee strength to keep a bike upright but they still want to keep riding)

firefly said:
I think the yamaha engine case protectors are a must for every max, people add high way pegs to them, some on this site have done this mod and can give further info on them.

Those will work well, I think. I'm actually wanting to mount driving and fog lights to them... I went 80k miles without using my highway pegs before taking them off my Wing.

I put the OEM engine guards on my Max, and the tops of them are nice and flat--perfect footrest if you don't need your legs splayed out. If you don't want to "hug" the frame with your legs, then I'm certain pegs could be added to get your feet out wider.

Maximum said:
I put the OEM engine guards on my Max, and the tops of them are nice and flat--perfect footrest if you don't need your legs splayed out. If you don't want to "hug" the frame with your legs, then I'm certain pegs could be added to get your feet out wider.

I added foldup highway pegs to the further most forward part of my Holeshot Frame braces;
I don't use them tho' cuase they are really to high and put my knees to high.......

My rearsets are more comfortable...

I also added fold up pegs but much lower on the frame. Very comfy for short periods to streach my legs ( nice to have an opition), folded up they are out of the way and dont standout visually.
Lew

Bacon_grease said:
Well, I am currently on a Goldwing... *grin*

They do have "landing gear" for those things that come down at low speed. (actually, that's not a bad idea since many older riders don't have the hip/knee strength to keep a bike upright but they still want to keep riding)

LOL..I've seen those on a touring bike and they look and work great! Must freak drivers out when you can sit at a light with both feet on the pegs.

Down here where the longest straight bit of road is no more than about 10kilometres, I find I don't need them. In fact I've even taken to riding sportsbike style moving my ass off the seat to help keep my lines around corners so they would only get in my way. I even took them off my Virago.

Though would be handy in a crash.

Latest posts

Back