Hilarious HD kill...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was out riding around town last summer with two of my buddies ('05 R1, '00 ZX7R). We stopped at this gas station to grab some drinks and hang for a bit. Another group of riders pulls up, about four newer rockets; I remember one was a brand new GSXR 1000, and one Fatboy. We got a laugh out of that, four rockets and a fatboy. Anyway, we started talking with them and the rocket guys in their group and mine were all drooling over each others bike, then the guy on the fatboy looks at my max and says he knew the original owner and all about the bike ( it's far from stock), but none of the guys he's with have even heard of one. He starts telling them about it and one the rocket guys in his group doesn't believe him and starts talking shit. That guy on the fatboy, shut him right down, told him don't even try to run with that bike, it's stupid fast! :punk:

I took the day off yesterday, and put about 400 miles on the max, and at a fuel stop seen that a buddy had text me about going to a local bike night for a beer and burger. I realized as I got within 15 minutes of getting there that by the time we at The sun would be about down, and me with no clear glasses I called off. While heading for home I come up on a van pulling an enclosed construction trailer on a two lane. Every once in awhile the trailer dops off the road and kicks up rock and dirt, so I lay back a couple hundred yards. At the next crossroad ( coming from the direction of bike nite) is a custom bagger, and a custom chopper, and the assholes pull out between us straight pipes screaming , while I get on the brakes. Meanwhile van boy keeps dropping off the road and these two are about 50-70 yards behind him, no helmets, and not dropping back. Well me, no helmet either, and tired of eating dirt, hit the left signal to pass them all, when these two lay into thei bikes like they are going to pass, so I lay back in. When they get to the trailer they let out and back off. Two times of this I figured they were playing the "you aint passing me" game I just ease up behind them, bang down to third, and was around them with the throttle pinned. Both came around with me, so I took it to about 145 while watching the mirrors, and I think they both tried till probably 120, then quit. Both bikes sounded strong, and looked fast, and were big money bikes, and got dusted by a 93 max. I waited at the four way a few miles up the road to grin, but neither would look at me:rofl_200: What a couple of douchbags, I would guess sooner aor later a rock to the chest or face from riding up on somebody, and they won't do twice.

I took the day off yesterday, and put about 400 miles on the max, and at a fuel stop seen that a buddy had text me about going to a local bike night for a beer and burger. I realized as I got within 15 minutes of getting there that by the time we at The sun would be about down, and me with no clear glasses I called off. While heading for home I come up on a van pulling an enclosed construction trailer on a two lane. Every once in awhile the trailer dops off the road and kicks up rock and dirt, so I lay back a couple hundred yards. At the next crossroad ( coming from the direction of bike nite) is a custom bagger, and a custom chopper, and the assholes pull out between us straight pipes screaming , while I get on the brakes. Meanwhile van boy keeps dropping off the road and these two are about 50-70 yards behind him, no helmets, and not dropping back. Well me, no helmet either, and tired of eating dirt, hit the left signal to pass them all, when these two lay into thei bikes like they are going to pass, so I lay back in. When they get to the trailer they let out and back off. Two times of this I figured they were playing the "you aint passing me" game I just ease up behind them, bang down to third, and was around them with the throttle pinned. Both came around with me, so I took it to about 145 while watching the mirrors, and I think they both tried till probably 120, then quit. Both bikes sounded strong, and looked fast, and were big money bikes, and got dusted by a 93 max. I waited at the four way a few miles up the road to grin, but neither would look at me:rofl_200: What a couple of douchbags, I would guess sooner aor later a rock to the chest or face from riding up on somebody, and they won't do twice.

AWESOME! What part of illinois you in brother?

I live south of the quad cities about 3 hours from downtown Chicago.

Now, I'm not supposed to do stuff like this....being a cop and all, but sometimes that smugness on a HD rider just needs to be knocked off.

I was sitting at a light the other day when a V-ROD pulled up in my lane. He pulled a little ahead of me so he didn't get a good look at Mr. Max. He could see in his rear view that I had saddle bags on it and that it MUST be a cruiser. He was gunning his engine and gave me a wicked little grin. I reved up one time to let him know that I was interested in a little dash. The light turned green and Mr. Max didn't let me down. Pulled away so fast from him that I think he actually tinkled a little in his underpants.

SURPRISE!!!

I stopped at the next light and when he finally pulled up, his face wasn't so smug any more. He yelled over at me "what is that thing?" I yelled back......"A Harley Killer!"

VMAX, gotta love it.

Now, I'm not supposed to do stuff like this....being a cop and all, but sometimes that smugness on a HD rider just needs to be knocked off.

I was sitting at a light the other day when a V-ROD pulled up in my lane. He pulled a little ahead of me so he didn't get a good look at Mr. Max. He could see in his rear view that I had saddle bags on it and that it MUST be a cruiser. He was gunning his engine and gave me a wicked little grin. I reved up one time to let him know that I was interested in a little dash. The light turned green and Mr. Max didn't let me down. Pulled away so fast from him that I think he actually tinkled a little in his underpants.

SURPRISE!!!

I stopped at the next light and when he finally pulled up, his face wasn't so smug any more. He yelled over at me "what is that thing?" I yelled back......"A Harley Killer!"

VMAX, gotta love it.

Living here in northern NV I have to put up with HD all the time. But I WILL never let one beat my max. On a HD you spend $1000 to get 2 more HP and a bike that sounds like crap.:punk: HD sucks.

I know about the "being a cop thing" as well.

I had the same sort of thing happen last fall. I was on my way home from Bass Pro Shop, which you have to cross a bridge and tunnel to get to. I was in the right hand lane just cruisin. I had a newer V-rod come up on me in the left lane. For about 2-3 miles before the tunnel he kept messin with me. Just goosing it. We were side by side going into the tunnel at about 70 mph. When we reached the bottom it's flat for a few seconds and then starts back up. I looked at him and gave him the nod and he hit it. I only down shifted to forth. By the time I reached the top and exited the tunnel, he looked like he was only about half way up the incline. I came out of the tunnel at about 125, again all up hill. I slowed back down to about 60 and he caught back up with me. He pointed at the Max shook his head and gave the thumbs up several times.

I went back to cruise speed-about 70 I guess. He pulled in behind me and rode there for about the next 10 miles or so before getting off the interstate. He did pull beside me again right before getting off and gave one more thumbs up.

You don't really see that to much with Harley guys. Most would not look at you after something like that!! Not that I really care if a Harley rider looks at me!! LOL:rofl_200:

The wierd thing is, I just wanted ahead of the guy in the van, not to race. They were cocky, and they wanted to race.:biglaugh:

What would be really cool is get one of the old 2 stroke 750's from the 70's and go out and embarrass some of these posers

I have a low-mileage 85 Vmax that hasn't lost yet against anything. The other day there was a Japanese car with a lot of high performance parts (you've probably seen them) and I kept beating it (two young guys and a girl). He went all out and pulled ahead, as soon as the Vboost hit I was flying past them like they were in slow motion. The guy's jaws dropped and the girl was laughing. Maybe they were used to racing Hardleys...

I've only had the chance to race a Harley one time. Spanked one off of a green light on my old XS11 with my wife on the back. The XS11 is to be respected as well.

I think most Harley riders are just ignorant as to the amount of power sportbikes make. It would require 10's of thousands of dollars with multiple power-adders to just match a newer sportbike...& then the've only equalled the HP output but are still 250+lbs heavier & lack the top speed by a long-shot. For a guy on a Sportster to say that is absurd (that he beats jap' bikes).

As for the the Vmax, My '85 Vmax is a rush in 1st & 2nd gear but after that my '02 ZX9R would rocket past it & that's a 7 year old bike with about equal mods. The Max has too much extra pork to tow around to compete beyond the 1/8th mile mark. It's low gearing, shaft drive & early-in-the-powerband torque sure gives the advantage out of the hole buts they're still 124ish RWHP weighing 200lbs more that any sportbike.

I burn my friends R6 on the holeshot everytime by a long-shot (he can't launch) but when we jump on it side-by-side on the highway he slowly pulls away after the ton-mark every time & that's just a 600cc.

I sure like to ride the 'Max more than the Ninja lately though! Spooling up the tire in first gear is more fun than a wheelie. Plus, I can sit back & enjoy the ride more.

Hey watch it now I like Harleys since 1976 of all the Harleys made 98% percent of them are still on the road the other 2% made it home.LOL Actually I really dont care what you ride as long as you dont have the snob attitude.

Hey watch it now I like Harleys since 1976 of all the Harleys made 98% percent of them are still on the road the other 2% made it home.LOL Actually I really dont care what you ride as long as you dont have the snob attitude.

Sorry CaptainKyle. When I said "Ignorant" I meant that as "A lack of accurate knowledge"...not to be confused with "Arrogant; Having the knowledge though not applying it".

I could have said "Some Harley riders mis-judge the power output of Sportbikes" instead. They are simply two different breeds of bikes.

Sorry for not chosing better wording to explain myself.

Peace Brother.
:thumbs up:
RR

Sorry CaptainKyle. When I said "Ignorant" I meant that as "A lack of accurate knowledge"...not to be confused with "Arrogant; Having the knowledge though not applying it".

I could have said "Some Harley riders mis-judge the power output of Sportbikes" instead. They are simply two different breeds of bikes.

Sorry for not chosing better wording to explain myself.

Peace Brother.
:thumbs up:
RR
Dont worry look at my comment it was a joke to. I meant 98% of the Harleys made are still broke down on the side of the road the other 2 % made it home. There are a lot of Harley riders that misjudge jap bikes in general & a lot that think they are better because they are riding all american which is a joke. I can say this because I am a HD certified technician & a certified Yamaha Tech. I have nothing against any bike just some of the attitudes I have a problem with from both sides I am completely neutral but I do know what I like better which is my Vmax.

Oooooh, those 750's. One of my frequent riding friends used to have one of those sitting around. He got it for free blown up, and after sitting in his backyard for several months he got around to rebuilding it. It wasn't just rebuilt though, every bit of engine work/kit that he could find went into it. It had stupid high compression, bored out a bit, I forget exactly what. I rode it once and remember being absolutely blown away with it's power(compared to my then-current ride of a GS450). Now in retospect, I bet it was pretty darn close to the Max in performance. It got sold before I could ride it again.

The Max is completely over the top to kill a H-D. It's like using a shotgun to kill a fly. My Magna V30(500cc V-4) would whip Fatboys and Sportsters all day long off the line, and that was rated at 68hp. I LOVED telling HD riders that a 30cid Honda just spanked their 96cid Fatboy. I also returned better mileage, handled loads tighter, and didn't have a lame, generic "potato" sound just like millions of other HDs. And I bought that '85 Magna for $1600, or about 1/10th of what that Fatboy cost.

I like messing with the rice "rocket" cars, or what I call pretend race cars. They got the talk(sort of), but definetly can't walk the walk. Like someone mentioned, it always seems to be a 20-something dude with his girlfriend trying to show off what a hot ride he has, or to cement the "bad boy" image he's been playing up to her for the last few outings. I can't help it then. They are absolutely required to go down hard.

It doesn't happen too often, but one time it did(this was on the 500cc Honda), it was a 90's Civic with the gigantic muffler that sounded like a big fart. Pulled up to me at a light. 20-something kid and a female in the passenget seat that no amount of makeup could make her look attractive(though that didn't stop her from trying). He revved and looked over. I looked back but did nothing. Kid says something to the woman, who proceeds to laugh. Light turns, I nail it, his car lets out a fart rivaling that of me after eating Mexican, and I haven't even hit second when I hear a loud "phoosh" sound come from the ass-mobile, it wasn't even close. At the next light it pulls up and is running like crap, sounded like it was only running on 2.5, maybe 3 cylinders. The guy flips me off and then runs the red light.

I still haven't encountered something with 4 wheels that will keep up with Mr.Max, or even with my old Honda for that matter. Mustang Cobra? Nope. Subaru WRX? Try again. Civic Si? Puh-leez.

Racing gives me the little thrill, but I find the entertainment of showing these smug, cocky clowns they don't have squat a lot better. Since it's usually not even a "race", more like I hit it and they decide to do the same but with drastically different results.

" Most common accessory for an HD?--------A pick-up truck":biglaugh:

I had the pleasure of beating a HD---- With my Dodge Magnum R/T:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Yes---- I beat a HD with a station wagon

Lew

Kila, that was sick bro. Not to hog your light but I got a few confirmed kills myself.
A punk on a ZX7. Beat him bad with two gallons of milk under a net on the back no less, thats a funny story for some other time.
A buddy on a CBR1000, took him twice in the same day with a lunch bucket strapped to the back, and the third was a tasty scream'n eagle vrod. Max dined really good that day. Nothing strapped to the back then...huh thats weird. Anyway.
I even keep track. I havent put the vrod one up yet though, got the spot picked out. Its been a good while since I was messed with, must be a dry spell.
Full moon this thursday though...I might go on the hunt...anyone with me?:eat brains:

Attachments

• Picture 026.jpg
    Picture 026.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 22
I got a HD joke too, since I'm making freinds.:eusa_dance:
Its an oldy but a goody.
Whats the difference between a Harley and a hoover?
The possition of the dirt bag.

Oh I'm gonna catch hell for that one...

Latest posts

Back