Holy crap, this will tick you off

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this from our local a**hole cops (and SOME ride loud Hardleys!

By The Leader Staff
Corning Leader
Posted May 09, 2010 @ 12:00 AM
Corning, N.Y. —

Motorcyclists cruising through the City of Corning had better obey the vehicle and traffic laws.

The Corning Police Department is stepping up patrols to better enforce motorcycle laws as part of the department’s continued partnership with the New York State Governor’s Traffic Safety Committee.

The goal of the enhanced patrols will be to reduce the number of motorcycle-related deaths and injuries. The primary focus is education, training and enforcement of motorcycle laws.

The patrols will target helmet use and unusual or excessive noise.

The department will use money from the GTSC to help fund the motorcycle campaign, which is expected to last through the warm-weather months.
Copyright 2010 The Corning Leader. Some rights reserved

go here if you wanna leave em a nice comment....lol

http://www.the-leader.com/news/x1381035095/Police-step-up-patrols

Righteous?

If you kill someone while racing on the streets you will be charged with Vehicular Manslaughter. That's like murder ~ but with a vehicle instead of a gun. You're facing lots of attorney fees, court stuff, imprisonment, loss of license, and best of all you'll meet Big Bubba in prison who will make you his new little girlfriend. When you get out of confinement you won't be able to afford a pot to piss in because your wages are garnished for the next umpteen years to pay for the civil suit the family has brought against you.

Do a Goggle search on Vehicular Manslaughter/Homicide for your state and see what the laws are.

Worst of all ~ the most colossal tragedy of all ~ is that you've recklessly stolen someone else's life. You've killed a mother, or father, or child.

Live with that. Or maybe that's being too righteous.

Just so you know, guys like me are "big bubba" in prison.

I dont need to do a "goggle search", Ive seen em go in, and Ive seen em come out.

You might be surprised at what I can live with.

So if I kill someone on the road driving too fast it's vehicular manslaughter, but if a cop shoots someone on a road it's some goofy gun violation? Bogus.

Studies have shown that when speed limits are reasonable for the type of road and the surrounding area, people actually speed less. There is less speeding on 75mph limit highways than on 65mph ones. Speed limits are set artificially low as a revenue source. On 3 lane wide interstates 75 or 80 would be a comfortable speed, if not more during light traffic. I'm not going to get yanked over and raped out of $300+ because I was riding at a reasonable speed and Paterson is broke. Cops speed all the time. I constantly see state troopers going well over 100 on the highway, no lights or sirens, tailgating other cars. If they lead by example, I guess speeding is okay.

I'll phrase this a different way. I ride responsibly. I don't speed in heavy traffic, split lanes, run lights, or other stuff. In traffic and towns, I ride within the law. If traffic is heavy on the highway, I ride with traffic and just go with the flow. When traffic is heavy or slow people are more aggressive and more likely to make unpredictable moves....not good if you're on a bike. If the traffic is light and I can keep a safe distance from other cars, why not? Let it rip, and cop cars don't stand a chance to "one of the slowest bikes on earth".

Compared to sportbikes, yes. Anything 750 or larger will whip the Vmax with little issue. As far as I've seen, it still the fastest cruiser out there. Smokes a v-rod, edges out a M109, blows away a mean streak. A 25 year old 1200 engine still wins out over modern 17 and 1800 motors, so it's still easily in the top 10% of bikes out there for speed. Are you sure you're not riding a Rebel 250? That may be the slowest bike on earth, excluding scooters.

Compared to sportbikes, yes. Anything 750 or larger will whip the Vmax with little issue. As far as I've seen, it still the fastest cruiser out there. Smokes a v-rod, edges out a M109, blows away a mean streak. A 25 year old 1200 engine still wins out over modern 17 and 1800 motors, so it's still easily in the top 10% of bikes out there for speed. Are you sure you're not riding a Rebel 250? That may be the slowest bike on earth, excluding scooters.

We call the VMAX a "cruiser" today and imply that it's not fair to compare it to a "sport bike" .... but back in 1985 we didn't have to play those games. It was the hardest-accelerating-street-legal-bike you could license in the USA. Period. And you can include cars in that sentence, too. No "sport bike" or mass produced sports car licensable in the US could touch it in the 1/4. Today, we're making allowances for for the Ole Boy by saying essentially, "well, it's a cruiser, and it's still fast among cruisers, but it's just not fair to compare it to a sport bike." That's playing games, the kind of games we didn't have to play back when it first came out.

I wouldn't advise anyone to race for pink slips against a 600 cc sport bike. RaWarrior, have you run your Max at the drags?

Evolution happens. I've watched my bike go from King of the Hill in the 1/4 mile and the most feared stock bike at the drags **regardless of the type of bike** to become a mere "cruiser" who has difficulty beating a V-twin Harley V-Rod. When it first came out it was called a street fighter ... but how can it be called a street fighter now when a little 600 cc sport bike will pull it?

Don't get me wrong .... I really like my VMAX. Very few on this forum have owned a Max for as long as I have ((25 years, 3 weeks, and 2 days)). And I'll probably be a VMAX owner for years after a lot of posters on this forum have sold theirs and moved on to other rides. I recognize my incredible bike for the amazing record-setting history of its early days ... but I know what it is now in 2010 ... as well as what it no longer is.

Last edited:
ya theres faster stuff out there, but honestly man ive ridden a quite a few bikes and the vmax still is not a slouch by any means... you rlly dont realize how much power it has until you try to slow the 600 pounds down... lol

none of the cruiser guys i ride with can beat it, and my friend and i race all the time with his r6 and its always a good race, and if its from a dead stop i almost always win, stop light to stop light, it isnt a joke.

im in second gear and a hundred feet down the road before he can stop slipping the clutch

p.s. .... F COPS

man how come no one points out those two bikers tried to outrun the cops. Regardless if you ride cruisers or sport bikes, there is no reason to try to out run a cop. Clearly they saw the cop behind them and took off. You can see why the cop accidentally shot the guy. He thought the guy was reaching... That guy should have had his hands up in the air. When you ride like that and finally pullover, 9 out of 10 you are going to be grabbed off the bike. I would have parked that shit and assumed the position. Cop was scared and pulled the trigger...

I've been pulled over plenty of times and i've seen NOPD beat a car thief up. When i get pulled over, i shut everything off and be as nice as possible.

man how come no one points out those two bikers tried to outrun the cops. Regardless if you ride cruisers or sport bikes, there is no reason to try to out run a cop. Clearly they saw the cop behind them and took off. You can see why the cop accidentally shot the guy. He thought the guy was reaching... That guy should have had his hands up in the air. When you ride like that and finally pullover, 9 out of 10 you are going to be grabbed off the bike. I would have parked that shit and assumed the position. Cop was scared and pulled the trigger...

I've been pulled over plenty of times and i've seen NOPD beat a car thief up. When i get pulled over, i shut everything off and be as nice as possible.

During the trial the bikers stated they thought a buddy of theirs, who was heading to the same place as them, was who was behind them. During the trial it was also proven that they did absolutely nothing wrong till they roared away from the stop sign. How many harley riders DON'T roar away at every stop sign or light. I don't believe anyone, even drunk, would attempt to outrun a cop on a harley. Very slow, loud bike + fleeing = caught!! the cop was a pussy......period. Hope he gets REAL prison time. I'm guessing if it was your brother you would look at it a little different.:punk:

During the trial the bikers stated they thought a buddy of theirs, who was heading to the same place as them, was who was behind them. During the trial it was also proven that they did absolutely nothing wrong till they roared away from the stop sign. How many harley riders DON'T roar away at every stop sign or light. I don't believe anyone, even drunk, would attempt to outrun a cop on a harley. Very slow, loud bike + fleeing = caught!! the cop was a pussy......period. Hope he gets REAL prison time. I'm guessing if it was your brother you would look at it a little different.:punk:

so even if your buddy was behind them and they saw the blue lights they should have pulled over instead of kept on going.... i've been ticket with exhibition of speed once. it sucks but i did it and i pulled over when the lights came on. I told the cop i had a gun in my glovebox but he didn't hear me. I went to get my registration and he sees my gun and he draws his. He said any sudden moves and bullets are going to fly. very intense moment there. Like everyone else said, u get pulled over, shut it down and hands on the bars. reaching for anything isn't a good idea... trying to out run the cop and going over the grass wasn't a good idea either and then that guy kept on trying to outrun the other cop. Sad that one guy ends up in a wheel chair, but his friend did exhibition speed, reckless operation, high speed persuit, willful endangerment and god knows how many other crap they could have been cited for.... Just because they didn't pull over and shut it down when the lights came on. Sad lost indeed for everyone involved..

so even if your buddy was behind them and they saw the blue lights they should have pulled over instead of kept on going.... i've been ticket with exhibition of speed once. it sucks but i did it and i pulled over when the lights came on. I told the cop i had a gun in my glovebox but he didn't hear me. I went to get my registration and he sees my gun and he draws his. He said any sudden moves and bullets are going to fly. very intense moment there. Like everyone else said, u get pulled over, shut it down and hands on the bars. reaching for anything isn't a good idea... trying to out run the cop and going over the grass wasn't a good idea either and then that guy kept on trying to outrun the other cop. Sad that one guy ends up in a wheel chair, but his friend did exhibition speed, reckless operation, high speed persuit, willful endangerment and god knows how many other crap they could have been cited for.... Just because they didn't pull over and shut it down when the lights came on. Sad lost indeed for everyone involved..

Watch the video, the cop activated his lights AFTER they roared away. Also notice the time on the lower right, the time span between him activating his lights, and they are stopped is 10 seconds. If that constitutes "running from the cops", I hope you don't become a cop. I am guessing since the buddy got a dui he was drunk, that coupled with the fact that another cop slides to a stop in front of them is why he jumped the curb. Also watch the dude who got shot, and watch his hand from the time he is stopped. He never moves it from his hip. If a coward cop like that, worked in a bad part of town, just how many people would he shoot if he gets "scared" by a couple of yuppie posers after bike nite. Btw, that shooting by no way is a "accident".

back in 1979 right after school got out I was having too much fun and me and a V-8 gremlin decided to tear it up on main street in Lakin Ks and about when I hit 100 mph I looked over to see a cop running down the street to his car. I knew being a small town I was busted so I just pulled over and waited forever on him. Well beleive it or not the guy let me go with a 21mph in a 20mph zone. If I had any idea I would have been shot in the back I could have been 10 miles out of town by the time he got his rubberband wound up lol
What that cop did to that poor kid just aint right !! :2gunsfiring_v1:

Watch the video, the cop activated his lights AFTER they roared away. Also notice the time on the lower right, the time span between him activating his lights, and they are stopped is 10 seconds. If that constitutes "running from the cops", I hope you don't become a cop. I am guessing since the buddy got a dui he was drunk, that coupled with the fact that another cop slides to a stop in front of them is why he jumped the curb. Also watch the dude who got shot, and watch his hand from the time he is stopped. He never moves it from his hip. If a coward cop like that, worked in a bad part of town, just how many people would he shoot if he gets "scared" by a couple of yuppie posers after bike nite. Btw, that shooting by no way is a "accident".

when is he supposed to turn his lights on?? before a crime? jeez u don't make much sense there.

The chase lasted 15 seconds and clearly I REPEAT CLEARLY the cop was fast on the trigger. We had a local cop here who turned her lights on to signal a 350z to pull over but the guy kept on driving for about a mile. 30 sec later when he pulled over, the FTO (field training officer) gets out of her unit with her gun drawn. She approaches the vehicle, and accidentally pulls the trigger. Bullet goes through the rear glass and hits the passenger visor. Thank god no passenger in the car. She freaks out, tosses the gun and starts crying. The owner of the car and the rookie she was training tried to calm her down. Shit happens and cops are people too. They have family they are trying to get home to in one piece. The outcome isn't good for either sides.

So if I kill someone on the road driving too fast it's vehicular manslaughter, but if a cop shoots someone on a road it's some goofy gun violation? Bogus.

it isn't manslaughter because the guy is still alive.
confused24.gif

Gotta tell ya... I have a lotta friends that are, and ride with cops as well as my father being a career top ranking-hard nosed give his mother a ticket kinda no bullshit guy. For the record I can say that the best thing to do in this situation is SHOW YOUR HANDS and stay still. Been there-done that-got the teeshirt !!! As soon as they took off, they became "perps"... When ya do shit like that in todays enviroment, it aint' gonna end well for ya. I don't think the cop should be shot for what he did, but I DO think he should be whaled in the head repeatedly ( 10-15 times ) with a baseball bat, drug down the road by a jap bike, ( they go faster ), and then handed to the guys family for further consideration... This is a situation where you had a gaggle of dumb-asses. Cops, bikers, e.t.c. Dumb-asses mixed with dumb-asses do dumb-ass shit. There ARE good cops out there, as well as good bikers. Unfortunetly, I know alotta both, good and bad... Just my opinion...:ummm:

my opinion is that at night all you can see behind you is the 2 headlights. no way to tell it was a cop.
I don't know about where u guys are but down here some of the local crown vics can move. I was on my Fz1 a few years ago with some v-max buds, out in the middle of BFE and i decided to "stretch it out abit" At about 100+ i pass about the only car i see. At about 140 i look in my mirrors to see if anyone else was with and there is the car on my ass. Maybe 10 ft behind me, at 140mph, i start waving for them to go around as i wasn't trying to race anyone. i started slowing down and they did also, after about a minute or so they then slowed and turned. When i stopped and waited for my buddies to catch up they then told me it was a unmarked crown vic with the light hidden in the dark windows etc. that car could move. guess he ran my plates and saw that i was not a hardened crimnal and was wanted, new i was out stretching the legs and he probably was going home and didn't want the hassle.

back on topic.
Cop wa a coward, little mans syndrome. the use of force is justified to protect you or others from having deadly force commited against you or others. nowhere in that guys body language justified the cop to even pull out his gun let alone shoot him. Cop need to spend some serious jail time but i bet he gets off lite, maybe even probation.
again my 02

In the military I learned alot of people that want to be an m.p. (military police) were either little man syndrome guys, or guys just on a power trip. There are some good cops, but the vast majority are shit. Most of the "bad ass cops" would shit down their legs ifthey were not in uniform and someone got in their face. Been there and done it with a cop who was 3 inches taller than me, and outweighrd me by 40 pounds, he backed way off cuz he was off duty, drunk, and being tough with a guy half his size, and I got in his shit.....he backed down cuz he was a pussy at heart. Most cops are cowards with a badge.....period.:punk:

Is $15K really a fine? C'mon the guy is paralyzed. Stupid sentence. With the extensive training that law enforcement requires this type of thing shouldn't happen. And I do realize training from reality. He needs to be held ALOT more accountable for his actions.

Is $15K really a fine?

I agree that this ranks as a truly, hugh tragedy. So sad.

But the Civil Lawsuit hasn't started yet ... that's where the real $$ gets paid out. The fine is just the legal part of this. This cop won't have much money of his own for a very, very long time.

Latest posts

Back