How to find out how many are left???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RagingMain

Reaction score
Went to the dealer yesterday, talked to a salesman and asked him if there was any way to find out how many of the 2500 being sold have been reserved. He looked at me like I was from a different planet.

There has to be a way to find out how many are already gone????

Anyone got any ideas how to find out???

Cheers

My guess is that the dealer can't even find that out unless Yamaha/USA just decides to mention it in passing when accepting an order. And that's proabably done electronically with no chance to find out then either...

Are these 2500 for U.S. only?

The other forum has a list of order numbers. Currently it is up to the mid 700's. While this is not perfectly accurate because out of the 700+ numbers, only about 40 people posted their number, it should give a fair representation of the number spoken for. Seems that the most orders were taken immediately after the bikes introduction. Now they seemed to have slowed to a crawl. 2500 bikes is a fairly large number considering the limited market for this type bike. With the price being as high as it is, it will probably take some great mag reviews to stir up renewed interest in the bike. If the write ups are not that good, Yamaha will have difficulty selling all 2500 US bikes.

I would really hate to put $1K down on a bike then have Yamaha/Star turn around and say "Oh sorry, no more bikes but thanks for the cash".

I would really hate to put $1K down on a bike then have Yamaha/Star turn around and say "Oh sorry, no more bikes but thanks for the cash".

If you put down a deposit you will get an order number and Yamaha will build it.

If for some reason they don't there is no legal way they could keep your deposit.

My guess is that the dealer can't even find that out unless Yamaha/USA just decides to mention it in passing when accepting an order. And that's proabably done electronically with no chance to find out then either...

Are these 2500 for U.S. only?

Worldwide but I bet its just a said number to make everyone panic.

I agree. Limited edition models are usually not that numerous.
Plus I'm willing to bet if Star got 5000 deposits for the 2009, they wouldn't turn down sales on them.

just my 2 bits

they cant keep your money and give you no bike..where did this idea come from..it cant happen

Unless of course you are signing a legal contract that states that it is a "Non-Refundable deposit".

That's why I made the comment, there's still a what if possibility!! There's still a slight risk in my opinion. I suspect as long as I'm given a number then I should get one, but what if.....see what I mean?

Unless of course you are signing a legal contract that states that it is a "Non-Refundable deposit".

I'm sure it is non-refundable....

I'm also sure they are not going to be accepting deposits on more bikes than they are going to build.

That's fraud....Yamaha ain't that 'effin dumb.

Surely they have an online system that tracks this as deposits come in and won't even allow a dealer to issue a number if they're gone.

The 2500 bikes ar for sale in the US. Other countries will be assigned additional units. Estimated first year production should be well over 5,000 bikes, total.

Back