How to seat this thing?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick.

Reaction score
I found in my new rack of carbs that one of these things, no clue what it is, is sticking out. Here's a pic of what I'm talking about, however this is from my spare rack.
kdk_2261.jpg

It's that thing the needle in the diaphragm goes into. One of the carbs on the bike has one of these things sticking out. How do I get it seated back in?

Is the needle not connected to the slide? Remove slide cover and check it out.

noo, it's not the needle. The bronze thing that the needle goes into opposite the slide. That thing at the top left of the inside of the carb neck thingy

It's held in by a screw and washer under the bowl cover. It passes through the jet block and is retained from that side.

ugh I guess the carbs are coming off tomorrow so that can be fixed. Thanks for the info!

Yeah, what sean said. Careful when you tighten. I've snapped the head right off of one of those before. If I remember right, the screw has a hollow body but the head is solid.

don't forget to make sure that the little o ring that goes on that tube is there before you screw it down

Back