Hp

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfish

Reaction score
Could someone tell me what is HP on 1997 Vmax? Found somewhere that Vmax without V-boost has less HP. Aren't all Vmax'es with V-boost. Could't find explanation anywhere. THANX

wow that does help a lot. great page about vmax. much appreciated

I believe the VMAX's that are made for Japan have less HP and they don't come with v-boost either.

See, stuff like that I don't know nothing about. Still learning

Maxxes for the French market are also shamefully emasculated to 100hp without Vboost.

In fact, ALL bikes for that market are, including the BMW S1000RR (!)

Figures. Not only can the Frogs not build anything worthwhile themselves, but they have to bastardize things they import to make sure they're not too scary.

Why would you even buy a Vmax with only 100hp and no vboost? Then it would be known as the retarded cousin to the V45 Magna.

Well, just think about people being stuck with buying 100hp gen2 Vmax, and 100hp S1000RR bikes...

It's fucked up. But it's kinda 'law' over there, retarded.

Maxxes for the French market are also shamefully emasculated to 100hp without Vboost.

In fact, ALL bikes for that market are, including the BMW S1000RR (!)

why have we never wiped France off the face of the earth, or better yet, why didn't we let the Germans do it. They contribute nothing to this world other than hairy arm pits, stinky cheese and mediocre over priced wine.

hahaha. Is this when I need to tell ya I'm French? Why d'you think I left when I was 19...

But eh, there is good cheese and you can't help being jealous of the quality wine. LOL

Figures. Not only can the Frogs not build anything worthwhile themselves, but they have to bastardize things they import to make sure they're not too scary.

Why would you even buy a Vmax with only 100hp and no vboost? Then it would be known as the retarded cousin to the V45 Magna.
:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Thats like what I found in Colorado. You can only buy 3.2% beer in the grocery stores. :bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head:

Hey, their rifles are good to buy also. They have never been fired and only dropped once. HaHa, Spur :clapping:

hahaha. Is this when I need to tell ya I'm French? Why d'you think I left when I was 19...

But eh, there is good cheese and you can't help being jealous of the quality wine. LOL

I'll take Italian, Napa Vally or Australian any day over a french wine. (My uncle has a winery in Napa Valley)

There are pictures of what they get for the V-boost setup on our Morleys Muscle facebook site. Feel free to check it out. They are solid plugs and no cross over valve!
Sean

There are pictures of what they get for the V-boost setup on our Morleys Muscle facebook site. Feel free to check it out. They are solid plugs and no cross over valve!
Sean
I have one set, Im using them as paperweight :rofl_200:

Not commonly known but carbs are diffrent, smaller diaghrams slides.
Also from 1990 they decresed final drive gear ratio from 33/9 to 33/10.

And what i've heard that eu maxes have diffrent camshafts - not confirmed.

I have one set, Im using them as paperweight :rofl_200:

Not commonly known but carbs are diffrent, smaller diaghrams slides.
Also from 1990 they decresed final drive gear ratio from 33/9 to 33/10.

And what i've heard that eu maxes have diffrent camshafts - not confirmed.

I've an EU Vmax (put the Vboost system back in a long time ago)

A while back when I was replacing the head gasket I noticed that the rear exhaust cams were de-tuned, about 3 teeth out on the sprocket.
Anyway, I'm doing some work again and I have the cam covers off at the moment.
What do I look for to confirm that I might have different camshafts?

I've an EU Vmax (put the Vboost system back in a long time ago)

A while back when I was replacing the head gasket I noticed that the rear exhaust cams were de-tuned, about 3 teeth out on the sprocket.
Anyway, I'm doing some work again and I have the cam covers off at the moment.
What do I look for to confirm that I might have different camshafts?
I've heard only a rumors...dunno what is really like :confused2:

Carbs slides, no v-boost and diffrent final drive ratio for sure.
And oh, smaller id on muffler outlet for EU noise level standars in 1990.

Maybe with camshafts, only change was what you were found?
Sprocket delaying? :ummm:

The best way to verify this would be take off your cams and massure them.
Im sure Sean knows specific dimmensions for cams, i have couple US cams tho.

And the 2nd gen VMAX's in Japan only have about 140hp, compared to what 185 or so in the U.S.

Here are a few pictures I took when I was releasing the bikes full potential

Without Vboost
Dscn0609.jpg
Aluminum cylinder
DSCN0108.jpg

Restricted carb slide
IMG_0414.jpg

Delayed exhaust sprocket
Dscn0091.jpg

Back