Hyper vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was posted somewhere on here before but always an excellent repost. I like them all. Especially the most sport bikey looking one, followed by the sands creation and then the Lazareth bike. something abbout the flow of the bodywork and tailpipes on the Lazareth bike is off putting to me, don't know why:ummm:

Lazareth and Sands. The last one doesnt bring much compared to what we usually see.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Almost makes me want a gen 2

Almost makes me want...to...

("I think I just threw up in my mouth..." Dodgeball movie)

While I CAN appreciate the time & effort spent here,

(...though I'm pretty sure that all parties involved were compensated GENEROUSLY...)

as well as the minimal time constraints placed on them,

(BTW, WHY do they ALWAYS do that...???...Makes SOOO MUCH MORE SENSE, to let an artist take a reasonable time to think, imagine, & CREATE, rather than rush them...*shaking head*...):ummm:

In the end, I truly believe it's an arrogant Japanese motorcycle company, refusing to accept their own failed attempt at upgrading a LEGEND,
& instead throwing money in this direction instead,

(Unfortunately, money they made at the EXPENSE of loyal VMAXers, who bought into this bike in the 1st place...)

TRYING to generate ANY kind of interest they can...
PITIFUL actually, when you really think about it...

The SAD thing about all of this, is that they SHOULD HAVE payed attention instead, when Honda tried the same thing with Jesse James & a VTX1800; That bike WAS pretty cool, but NOT something that could be duplicated in a mass-produced form...& it only served to emphasize, as it did here as well, (listen carefully to the builders, particularly Roland...) the bikes' NEED for a SEVERE 'diet'...AND, it reported COST Honda a cool QUARTER OF A MILLION dollars, PLUS a new bike, for THAT 'lesson'...
(Jesse must STILL be smiling at THAT paycheck...):rofl_200:
All in all, an EPIC FAIL.

So they SLASHED the price on the 1800,
(bet THAT felt good, from an 1800 owners' point of view, huh...???) :damn angry:
& built the 1300, that they SHOULD have built in the 1st place...

Bigger is NOT always better;
Sometimes...
It's just BIGGER,
& that's NOT always GOOD.

HELLO Yamaha...Are you paying attention YET...???

Stop playing games, & build the lean, mean HOTROD that the whole left side of the table in that Waterbury, CT. Italian eatery-Good food, BTW- CLEARLY laid out for you in 2001...:bang head:

(...& you SHOULD be VERY embarassed(sp?) when a TINY company like PCW can build a BETTER VMAX than a HUGE company like Yamaha...Right Marcus...???...Would you trade YOUR MAX for a new one...???...I wouldn't even trade for one of these custom "New Coke" bikes...!!!)

UNTIL that time arrives, the 'sequel' will NEVER be the LEGEND that the original STILL is.

Spend the money, & time, where it will COUNT instead.

...because, even a GOLD-PLATED turd,...IS STILL A TURD.

Go put some REAL clothes on the 'Emperor',
& call me when you're DONE...:worthy:

(& NO MORE "deposits" either...Fool me ONCE,...NOT!!!)

OK, 'nuff said...lol:biglaugh:

Back to work.:clapping:

PHEW! Feel betta RMSVMAX? hahahahaha. just kidding. \(^_^)/
+1, give the artists' time to imagine and create.
+1 open your eyes Yami, c'mon!

In the end, I truly believe it's an arrogant Japanese motorcycle company, refusing to accept their own failed attempt at upgrading a LEGEND.

Well said that man! I couldn't agree more.

Unfortunately for Yameringha Ducat DO seem to understand what the market wanted and produced the Daival. Shame it's so ugly!

PHEW! Feel betta RMSVMAX? hahahahaha. just kidding. \(^_^)/
+1, give the artists' time to imagine and create.
+1 open your eyes Yami, c'mon!

YES, I just have to vent-ALOT-on this one, because it was SOOO frustrating to wait, for all those YEARS, & then have something like this 'dumped' on us...:bang head:
NO, I just can't seem to get OVER it...
OVERpriced, OVERweight, & OVER-'hyped'...LOL:rofl_200:

Well said that man! I couldn't agree more.

Unfortunately for Yameringha Ducat DO seem to understand what the market wanted and produced the Daival. Shame it's so ugly!

Steve, I found that the Diavel struck me just like the 99 'Busa did...

1st look at the pics-YUCK!!!
1st look at the bike in person-Not nearly as bad
Sitting on it-Not bad at all...

I think the bike would grow on me, just like the 'Busa did...
(I have had a few 'Busas, still have 3 turbo 'Busas, & LOVE the look now, as well as the rest of the bike...)
I have a standing offer from the local dealer here to take it out for an afternoon...& it's been nearly a year...
I just can't get past the fact that it's a 'DUCK'...which to me has always been just an Italian Harley...
It's supposed to be a nice day here today...Maybe it's time to go ride one.
If I do, will post the results.

Steve, I found that the Diavel struck me just like the 99 'Busa did...

1st look at the pics-YUCK!!!
1st look at the bike in person-Not nearly as bad
Sitting on it-Not bad at all...

That's interesting, I'm the complete opposite.

1st scan of pics - looks OK
1st look at bike - Hmmmm, not sure.
Sat on it - where's the headlamp gone?....the tank looks very wide - didn't like it at all.

I'm sure that it is a stunning bike to ride and has moved the 'Super Cruiser' forward ten years from the Gen II.

But 'fraid with those looks...................

More than happy to keep my Gen I

If the Gen 2's were built like Roland Sands was i would already have one sitting in my drive way out front being warmed up for my ride to work.

But until then i will stick with my Gen 1.

Eh... not a fan of any of those to be honest. Each of those designers went the wrong direction IMHO. I don't want the V-max to be a sportbike, they already make those in a million varieties. To me the Max is like the 427 Cobra - it's as much about the sound and feel of power as the power itself. Neither one are the absolute fastest or quickest anymore, but they still command respect. And they both can show up a more modern equivalent on occasion.

I loved the look of Yamaha's mid to late '80's cruisers like the Viragos, the Maxims (700 & X) and of Course the V-max. I really wanted the Gen II to be an updated Gen 1 with better chassis, more power etc. In fact, to me the perfect Max might be a modded Gen 1 - with an extended swingarm, stronger frame, and an engine that's a cross between the Gen 1 and Gen 2 engine. More power, little or no more weight, and decent handling -I don't need to fly around corners anymore, but I don't want to fear them either! Keep the overall looks the same, just tweak a few things and split the old and new Max pricing. More buyers would emerge, and the aftermarket could really crank things up. I think that's been a large part of the equation for a lot of Max owners - knowing that they can suit to taste.

To me a motorcycle isn't a ride, it isn't an extension of my manhood. It's mechanical passion, something I think about when I should be thinking of other things, and sometimes when I know the day's gonna be bad, it's the reason I get up in the morning. My V-max has me going out to the garage just to look for a few minutes, and I've already spent a few hours sitting in a chair drinking a few cold ones and just ogling it. If a bike doesn't have that type of garage appeal, I don't want it. Regardless of it's performance.

Latest posts

Back