i need serious help

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawnlee

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I stripped the threads on my 01 flywheel shaft and need a fix. Could I retap and use a bolt without the oil wire, drill a small hole thru the bolt for the oil?

the female threads at the end of the crank, where the bolt that holds the flywheel ON goes?

how the hell did you do that?

I stripped the threads on my 01 flywheel shaft and need a fix. Could I retap and use a bolt without the oil wire, drill a small hole thru the bolt for the oil?

I assume you were trying(by accident) to torque the bolt with some angle...
Or you were trying to punch the puller trough that bolt...anyway...
Yar in deep shit cuz this bolt must meet some high spec tolerance Id say 12.8.
If im not mistaken thread is M12x1.25.

I would suggest to drill it out with 12,5 drill and fabricate custom M14x1,25 bolt.
Oil wire must stay.

The oil wire possibly could be removed. It was added to help cool the stator. This was not on the 83-85 Venture motors.

It was sold in a kit that could be installed afterwords.

I am not saying this is not a helpful feature, just some history with this motor.

Couple of pictures attached.

If it is a choice between making a quick fix or total tear down of motor, that's going to be a hard choice.

Also, if you can chase the threads in the crank, I have an extra bolt for the crank. Its yours if it will help.

Gary

Attachments

• IMGP1868 (Large).jpg
    IMGP1868 (Large).jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMGP1872 (Large).jpg
    IMGP1872 (Large).jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 20
how does the wire in the crankshaft help to cool the stator?

It sprays oil over it.

Here are four other pictures I have of kit.

Gary

Attachments

• IMGP1869 (Large).jpg
    IMGP1869 (Large).jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMGP1870 (Large).jpg
    IMGP1870 (Large).jpg
    43 KB · Views: 18
  • IMGP1871 (Large).jpg
    IMGP1871 (Large).jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 20
  • Stator cooling kit.jpg
    Stator cooling kit.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 21
i guess i'm just not following how the wire sprays oil on the stator? does it come thru the wire area and thru the bolt to the stator? i don't remember my bolt having a hole thru the whole length of it.

This wire works like mini oil pump, there should be a mini hole at the head of that bolt. This mini hole work like jet and sprays the oil.
All propably has the hole in the bolt but, im sure some destroyed that hole by using the puller without removing the bolt.

All spraying work only with two sheet shileds shown on the attached pics as they working like directionals.

Efficieny of this patent was discussed more then houndred times and Im not sure about this idea at the end. By this idea v-max has the extra scavange section in oil pump assembly - to drain the oil from stator cover which Ventures didnt.

One thing bothers me till today: Does the all crankshafts supports this patent?
I mean there must be the oil supply for mini pump?

There should be a connection beteween central crankshaft lubrication and
the space were mini pump works.
I have found one bad crank laying around which DONT have any connection to suply the mini pump with oil...
This crank comes from venture. Which year venture? Hell, I dont recall...

This could be the first and the last diffrence beteween venture and v-max crankshafts.

Email me those images and i'll post them on my facebook site to keep them recorded. Great info.

This wire works like mini oil pump, there should be a mini hole at the head of that bolt. This mini hole work like jet and sprays the oil.
All propably has the hole in the bolt but, im sure some destroyed that hole by using the puller without removing the bolt.

All spraying work only with two sheet shileds shown on the attached pics as they working like directionals.

Efficieny of this patent was discussed more then houndred times and Im not sure about this idea at the end. By this idea v-max has the extra scavange section in oil pump assembly - to drain the oil from stator cover which Ventures didnt.

One thing bothers me till today: Does the all crankshafts supports this patent?
I mean there must be the oil supply for mini pump?

There should be a connection beteween central crankshaft lubrication and
the space were mini pump works.
I have found one bad crank laying around which DONT have any connection to suply the mini pump with oil...
This crank comes from venture. Which year venture? Hell, I dont recall...

This could be the first and the last diffrence beteween venture and v-max crankshafts.

awesome explanation thank you! yea i may have destroyed that passageway when using that bolt to pull the flywheel. i can always drill it out when i take the cover off again!

i also agree seems odd b/c there is also that scavange pipe (that is an absolute pain in the ass to put back in if you take it off) and try to put it back in without taking off the stator cover or flywheel.

It also seems that all 1st gen Ventures & 1st gen VMaxs use the same crankshaft, at least from 1983-1993 for the Ventures & 1985-2007 for the VMax's.

Crankshaft Assy. 1FK-11400-00-00

So this stator cooling part would be common to all.

Gary

awesome explanation thank you! yea i may have destroyed that passageway when using that bolt to pull the flywheel. i can always drill it out when i take the cover off again!

i also agree seems odd b/c there is also that scavange pipe (that is an absolute pain in the ass to put back in if you take it off) and try to put it back in without taking off the stator cover or flywheel.

NP.

Im not sure about the drill size? Something like 1mm should do the trick.

It also seems that all 1st gen Ventures & 1st gen VMaxs use the same crankshaft, at least from 1983-1993 for the Ventures & 1985-2007 for the VMax's.

Crankshaft Assy. 1FK-11400-00-00

So this stator cooling part would be common to all.

Gary

Im still not deadly sure about mine theory...but Ihave found crank without the oil connection as I have mentioned some posts backwards.
When there's no central connection then, how does it supplys itself with oil?
Maybe there's a central passage but, so small I could not seen it?

I have two of the rotor bolts in front of me.

The hole through the head of the bolt is .025" dia. with a wide, shallow chamfer.

Hole in threaded end of bolt is .120" dia., and 2.20" deep.

Gary

Attachments

• DSC01260.JPG
    DSC01260.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 9
yea i bet mine got gummed up when i tried my puller against it.

Back