I saw my first '09 IRL today

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naughtyG

Reaction score
when I went to exchange those crappy 'waterproof' Motoboss gloves today, I was told the Yamaha dealer down the road had an '09 on the showroom floor.

Since I had a little time to kill, I took a ride over to check it out. :eusa_dance:

It wasn't actually on the floor but in the service department - that one was sold but they were in the process of replacing its front fender as the one it came with was blemished.

It's a beast! I thought the pillion seat looked like a joke in the pictures, but IRL it looks like it could actually be ok. The whole thing is a totally mean arse monster. Love the new scoops, and also the same finish on the side panels. That rear tire means business, and the frame and swingarm look like there will be no wobble. The front forks are ridiculously stubby, and the black chrome finish on the upper tubes looks wicked.
The whole bike looks ferocious, especially high up on the service stand as it was.

That lower (main) radiator looks a little exposed to me, and so does the underneath of the motor at the front - anything flying off the front tire will hit the oil filter, bottom front of engine and lower part of the rad at full blast. :ummm:

I still think the headlight looks pony, but other than that, I just wish I had the cash to go buy one TODAY! It would just look perfect next to the '86 in my car port... :worthy:

It's true they do look way better in person than they do in the pictures Yamaha released.

Well im just back from taking my partner and her 2 boys to see Bedtime Stories - Adam Sandler at his best , i dropped my partner and 1 of her boys off as the other 1 half asleep on back seat gonna stay at my place . Im driving down the road to my place i just happen to look at my mates place that he has now rented out and what do i find an 09 parked on the lawn . Now with 1 wee fella now tucked up asleep and a 09 bout 10 houses away . Looks like i might have to see my mate tomorrow to investigate .:punk:

Well im just back from taking my partner and her 2 boys to see Bedtime Stories - Adam Sandler at his best , i dropped my partner and 1 of her boys off as the other 1 half asleep on back seat gonna stay at my place . Im driving down the road to my place i just happen to look at my mates place that he has now rented out and what do i find an 09 parked on the lawn . Now with 1 wee fella now tucked up asleep and a 09 bout 10 houses away . Looks like i might have to see my mate tomorrow to investigate .:punk:
It turned out to be a Suzuki BKing , but from a distance i could see how i mistook it for a 09:eusa_dance:

I have had mine to 140 indicated with no wobble at all... Just rock solid... The windblast on the other hand... :rofl_200:

My dealer went ahead and bought one for himself to keep in the showroom for now. If it sells it sells and if not he will keep it for himself.

It came in yesterday and I got to check it out today. All I can say is wow!! Wish it was nice enough for a test ride!! :punk:

I saw my first last week, in IRL (Ireland that is...:biglaugh:)
even got them to start her up so I could enjoy the sound :punk:

It was imported for a customer, price was pretty high after all the taxes and duties. Definitely out of my price range :bang head:

Back