I say 9.5 ET....stock, with drag radial....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'LL BELIEVE IT ALL WHEN I SEE IT WITH MY OWN EYE'S ! I'VE BEEN AROUND SHIT TALKERS MY HOLE LIFE , AND I CONSIDER MAGAZINES JUST THAT , BUT IF THE NEW MAX IS AS FAST AS THEY SAY , MY SPITTING BACK & FARTING ANCHOR IS GETTING TRADED IN !!!!! BET YOUR ASS !!!!!

"Shit talkers,... spitting ....farting..." whaa? what you talkin bout there sport? ha ha

"...SHIT TALKERS .... I CONSIDER MAGAZINES JUST THAT , BUT IF THE NEW MAX IS AS FAST AS THEY SAY..."
NOBODY is sayin how fast the thing is, least of all the magazines....thats the problem here..... thats what we are doing on this thread...trying to suss out what we think she will do...
Do you have a guess in your mind?

I think they screwed up terribly with this bike opposed to what they could have done with the whole world watching and anticipating,they should have made a brutal killer not a bike that just sits with todays competition for $8000. more.

Its all a bad joke!!!!!

:eek:fftopic: And a Hayabusa and ZX14 riding comfort has to do with the New Generation Vmax how???

Jeez...get over it man, threads are CONVERSATIONS that FLOW in many directions, if you want to bring it back on topic then do that but don't be a @$!#@$ about it OK?

The issue of comfort came up as well as the ZX14 also coming up, we are SPECULATING on the new Maxes capabilities, it's impossible to speculate on an unknown entity without using the empirical data that we DO have (weight, HP etc) and comparing it to a KNOWN entity like "other bikes"........... it was the natural flow of the conversation.....

they should have made a brutal killer not a bike that just sits with todays competition for $8000. more.

Its all a bad joke!!!!!

Bad joke?

200hp and 120 odd Lbft.....isnt killer enough for you???
Lets all take a deep breath and remember you cannot buy that kind of power for less than 75000 bucks these days.... Name another bike with those specs please!

Some people have bored out first gen vmaxes with 200hp and you wanna call those wimpy bikes? ask them what its like to ride....

we have all researched and stated earlier in this thread that there is verifiable proof a stock zx14 and busa,,,ridden by top level guys in the magazines...could only get 9 and half seconds....... The old bike did very close to that 25 years ago..... now the new bikes stands poised to go even faster with much more power and we all feel it isnt going to compete?

RJ, are you buying an 09?

I have been resisting it.
I have an 06 apart in the garage with mods all over the place.

that and a few other project bikes/cars are making me think im being a bit selfish so .....

but i have a check in my wallet and.........

Bad joke?

200hp and 120 odd Lbft.....isnt killer enough for you???
Lets all take a deep breath and remember you cannot buy that kind of power for less than 75000 bucks these days.... Name another bike with those specs please!

Some people have bored out first gen vmaxes with 200hp and you wanna call those wimpy bikes? ask them what its like to ride....

we have all researched and stated earlier in this thread that there is verifiable proof a stock zx14 and busa,,,ridden by top level guys in the magazines...could only get 9 and half seconds....... The old bike did very close to that 25 years ago..... now the new bikes stands poised to go even faster with much more power and we all feel it isnt going to compete?

That 197 is to the crank not the rear wheel considering its weight chances are it will be as fast if not a tiny bit faster then a Busa maybe, then theres next year,you think Suzuki is going to sit back and watch??? a boss hoss has a lot more horses then that, I don't know what they cost but its not even close to $75000 I think you need to reevaluate your thought process here $75000 are you crazy? you can make a 200 HP bike for less then $20.000!!!

ever tried a boss hoss at a stop light? i smoked 2 of them at bike week with a stock max. lets just wait and see:confused2:. also the vmax appeal is a combination of looks , speed and attitude combined. it uniqueness is its strong suit. i think i like the gen 2 but i want to see tests and the bike in person, then i will decide if somewhere down the line i can afford it:ummm: back on subject i think with pro rider it will be the fastest stock bike ever but only time will tell

That 197 is to the crank not the rear wheel considering its weight chances are it will be as fast if not a tiny bit faster then a Busa maybe, then theres next year,you think Suzuki is going to sit back and watch??? a boss hoss has a lot more horses then that, I don't know what they cost but its not even close to $75000 I think you need to reevaluate your thought process here $75000 are you crazy? you can make a 200 HP bike for less then $20.000!!!

Dude...i said BUY not make BUY..... and if we are going to debate the validity of putting chevy big blocks in motorcycles then i will go back to reading Tolstoy or something.....

boss hosses too (??) here is the prices:

"Base price for the Boss Hoss: $34,500. And few people get the "base" bike. You can upgrade to the bigger engine for an extra $6,000. You can, in fact, climb higher than $50,000 pretty quickly if you check enough option boxes."

All bikes are rated at the crank....why the heck do you even bring that up?
and why bring up the "you think suzuki is gonna sit back..." ??? im sure they will make changes....the original vmax was one upped 3 years after it came out...so what?
Thats what upgrades and yearly model changes are for....

honestly though, suzuki has supported drag racing by doing what exactly with the busa in the 10 years its been around ?.... im not aware of any launch enhancing developments, parts or what not... its all been after market... its drag prowess is the by product of a powerful motor designed strictly to be the fastest top speed bike. the after market used that to develop the drag story for it.

C'mon now, it did it with one rider and mods and slick. You can't call the 1st Gen Max a 9 second bike and keep a straight face can you?

maybe not...... i dont have figures for a stick busa with rickky and a slick...but i think its a fair compare....using todays rubber is like a slick from 30 years ago...ya im that old...

the mods were the nothing...carb tuning and exhaust?

You think any bike will drop below 10 with a new exhaust and a re jetted carb?

ever tried a boss hoss at a stop light? i smoked 2 of them at bike week with a stock max. lets just wait and see:confused2:. also the vmax appeal is a combination of looks , speed and attitude combined. it uniqueness is its strong suit. i think i like the gen 2 but i want to see tests and the bike in person, then i will decide if somewhere down the line i can afford it:ummm: back on subject i think with pro rider it will be the fastest stock bike ever but only time will tell

you fit in the lane beside one? wow...

My feelings:

200hp stock...its only the beginning... computer work will get it higher.

weight: i still argue its wrong or there is some crazy removable ballast (exhaust?)

logic: why do all this for the bike to suck at the track? you think they did a few passes to see? everyone of yamaha bikes has been pretty competitive in the areas they chose to compete...why would they suddenly loose their marbles here

Conclusion:
i suppose there is some chance the thing could be a dog...but i dont put the odds at 50 50....more like 80 20.......

I watched a recent edition of Super Bikes, and Jason Britton was tasked at the strip with trying to get a ZX14 to a sub 10-second quarter. I don't think he ever did it, even with a coach helping him, run after run. And, I think the guy can ride a bit.

Yamaha may get a hand-picked anorexic with lightning reflexes and a 'tuned' bike to a 9.5-second quarter, but I doubt many on this forum will turn in single-digit times without some serious work.

Am I nuts, here?

I watched a recent edition of Super Bikes, and Jason Britton was tasked at the strip with trying to get a ZX14 to a sub 10-second quarter. I don't think he ever did it, even with a coach helping him, run after run. And, I think the guy can ride a bit.

Yamaha may get a hand-picked anorexic with lightning reflexes and a 'tuned' bike to a 9.5-second quarter, but I doubt many on this forum will turn in single-digit times without some serious work.

Am I nuts, here?

no not nuts....i agree....
except i believe the time you quoted will be lower....

but i appear to be alone in that thought! haha.... i

Hey, nothing wrong with being an optimist.

One of the best things about the new Max is the headroom for aftermarket performance products. With new exhaust and a Power Commander, watch out.

ya i see that too....1700cc of fuel injected goodness.... a lot can be done...

considering the computer controls not only ignition advance and injection timing/ pulse width....but also throttle, you could wake her up pretty quick on the dyno..... i suspect she is hiding more stock but with cams and more programing....hmmmm

this is gonna be fun!

Latest posts

Back