I think I'm doing it wrong...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blurr

Reaction score
I bought a 3" over swing arm and extended gas tank along with shocks from Sean awhile back and am installing it. I find that I only have an eighth of an inch between the brake stay anchor and the bottom of the extended gas tank. And that is with the rear elevated off the ground. I cant even lift the stay far enough to get the brake mounting arm in place! I've sent email to Sean but only got a partial answer telling me to put the stay on the outside for tire clearance. I know he is busy with everyone else's dreams, so instead of continually bugging him I am asking here.

1. Did anyone get the extended tank, extended swing arm, KYB shocks package?
2. Did you get it together?
3. How much clearance did you have?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 92
Also, I'm trying to remove the rotor bolt, can I hold backups on the big nut behind it or do I have to order yamaha's sheve holder?

I bought a 3" over swing arm and extended gas tank along with shocks from Sean awhile back and am installing it. I find that I only have an eighth of an inch between the brake stay anchor and the bottom of the extended gas tank. And that is with the rear elevated off the ground. I cant even lift the stay far enough to get the brake mounting arm in place! I've sent email to Sean but only got a partial answer telling me to put the stay on the outside for tire clearance. I know he is busy with everyone else's dreams, so instead of continually bugging him I am asking here.

1. Did anyone get the extended tank, extended swing arm, KYB shocks package?
2. Did you get it together?
3. How much clearance did you have?

I don't think you are doing anything wrong. I think the only way to fix this is install a stock tank or relocate the brake bar tab that is welded on the arm.

I have the same arm and tank and noticed that issue but it didn't matter because I did not have the arm coated and had all the parts on hand to run an underslung caliper so I just cut the tab off and welded it on the bottom to secure my home made brake bar. Not so easy to do with a coated arm.

attachment.php

I have one of Sean's extended tanks, extended swing arm and zrx shocks and it fits just fine, not sure if Sean had to modify anything but I will take some pics when I get home tonight.

I'm just glad it can be done. I'm in Alaska and there are a lot of places where there is more then a 120 miles between gas stations! Thanks for your help guys.

Here is a photo of mine, looks like its been hitting pretty bad, there is a sizable dent and the powder coat is rubbed off the arm, I'm going to have to send an email to Sean as well, lol

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21361760234.757018.jpg

Easy fix... Instead of relocating the tab why don't just make a V shaped brake stay so it can clear the tank? Make it go back horizontally and then curve up to the brake stay? Don't need to mess up the pcoat.

The tank originally has a recess to clear the tab. When we extend the tank it shifts that back so if we don't move the tab back this doesn't clear the bigger tank. We are going to have to make sure we just move that tab on ALL of our swingarms since some customers (not the ones here) decide to add the extended tank later which is when this interference is found.

Sorry guys! We'll work with you to make it right!

Back