Idle adjustment screw stripped - Any ideas besides C4?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny Glenn

Reaction score
Thanks for looking in - While doing the shotgun repair, I found one of the idle screws was partially stripped and now it is stripped all the way! I've never messed with them the 13 years I've owned the bike so I'm thinking it is in the right position but when it wasn't so stripped and I seemed to have some decent pressure on it - it wouldn't move in either direction. Not sure what to do about this - I guess whatever it takes to remove and replace it - but how? Thanks

Thanks for looking in - While doing the shotgun repair, I found one of the idle screws was partially stripped and now it is stripped all the way! I've never messed with them the 13 years I've owned the bike so I'm thinking it is in the right position but when it wasn't so stripped and I seemed to have some decent pressure on it - it wouldn't move in either direction. Not sure what to do about this - I guess whatever it takes to remove and replace it - but how? Thanks

By stripped do you mean there is no slot on the head to get any purchase with?

If that's the case, drilling is probably your only option.

Which carb is it? I have some carbs, maybe we can work out a trade of some sort. PM me if you're interested.

Yeh - the head is stripped. You think a small extractor will work in there? It's the carb located on right side nearest seat. I'm hoping the bike will run good once I put the tank back in etc and won't have to mess w/ it but I'll try an extractor if so. Thanks - where's the best place to buy one of those idles screws - dealer? How much are they?

Screws are cheap enough ($5) but getting them out is the trick. I do fairly well at the process if it hasn't been screwed with before I get it (and even then I get some of them out that others can't). Looking at $50 if I am successful and no charge if not.

Sean

Back